You limited your search to:

 Resource Type: Photograph
 Decade: 1920-1929
 Collection: Texas History Collection
Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas

Grissom Family Men, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1925 - 1935
Creator: unknown
Description: Four men standing outdoors. All are wearing dark trousers and white, long-sleeved shirts. From left to right, the first man wears glasses and a bow-tie, has a moustache, and is wearing sleeve garters. The other three wear long neck-ties. Pocket-watch chains are visible on the 3rd and 4th men. Behind them is an arbor or trellis with brushy growth on the top and on the right side. Additional information: The photograph is from the Grissom family collection, but no identification is available.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
McKamy Springs, Richardson, Texas

McKamy Springs, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1920 - 1930
Creator: unknown
Description: Natural spring, with a stone and concrete structure built around and over it. A half-dome stone-trimmed 'grotto' covers the spring. A man-made canal channels the visible water. A plaque is set into a stone/cement low monument inside the canal. It reads: "The Yoiuane tribe of the Caddo group of Indians lived here as early as 1690 to 1840. They hunted buffalo and deer on the prairie. They used McKamy Spring as a watering place. It was from these friendly Tejas Indians that Texas got her name." The spring is located within a 2 acre park, called McKamy Spring Park, in south-east Richardson. Native people last known to have camped at the spring were of a Caddoan-speaking tribe. The Bowser family once owned the property, and then T. F. McKamy (1925-1927). Part of the old stagecoach route extending from Breckenridge ran near this site as well.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Main Street, Elevated View, Richardson, Texas

Main Street, Elevated View, Richardson, Texas

Date: 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view of Main Street (Belt Line) from a water tower, looking southwest. The main commercial block has brick and wooden buildings, most with awnings, many with false fronts. Four cross streets are visible; Main Street curves off just at the right edge of the photograph. The railroad, with crossings signs, is in the horizontal center of the picture. Also visible are residences, a long storage/warehouse railroad structure to the left of Main Street and the Train Station to the right of Main Street. Automobiles are parked on the commercial block and are visible on Main Street. Plowed/cultivated fields and a few buildings are visible on the horizon.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Greenville Avenue, Elevated View 1927, Richardson, Texas

Date: May 5, 1927
Creator: unknown
Description: Elevated view of Greenville Avenue, looking south, probably from Main Street. In the foreground, on the left, is the First United Presbyterian Church (originally the Trinity Congregation), with Polk St. behind it. The building was completed in 1910. One car is on Greenville Ave. A sidewalk runs along the right/west, side of Greenville Ave. In the background is Philips Street, with the Mount Calvary Baptist Church on the SE corner of the intersection, completed in 1886. The Richardson School building, opened in 1914, is on the SW corner. Greenville Avenue curves to the left/east at Philips. Numerous residences are also shown, as are utility poles.
Contributing Partner: Richardson Public Library
McKinney High School Football Team 1924

McKinney High School Football Team 1924

Date: 1924
Creator: Greenwood Studios
Description: McKinney High School Football team, "Season 24 or 25" (1924 team). 11 man squad. Person on far left is John David Stiff Bond, father of donor
Contributing Partner: North Texas History Center
[Norvell Hill]

[Norvell Hill]

Date: 1922
Creator: Carrset Studio
Description: Studio portrait of baby Norvell Hill [Williams Reed] seated on an elaborate wicker bench. She is wearing a light-colored dress and dark shoes.
Contributing Partner: Other
[Sanger Harris Advertisment]

[Sanger Harris Advertisment]

Date: 1922
Creator: unknown
Description: Image of advertisment for Sanger Harris from the Daily Times Herald. The Sanger Harris building in downtown Dallas was renovated and became El Centro College.
Contributing Partner: Dallas County Community College District
[Fire at the Humble Oil Tank Farm]

[Fire at the Humble Oil Tank Farm]

Date: 1922
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a fire at the Humble Oil tank farm in Webster, Texas. A large cloud of smoke is billowing out from the property.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[League City Classroom]

[League City Classroom]

Date: 1928
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of students in a classroom at League City School. While some students are seated at desks, several students are standing in a line at the front of the classroom. Behind the students who are standing is a chalkboard with some text on it. One of the students is Elizabeth "Betsy" Harris, née Ross.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
[Portrait of a Young Girl]

[Portrait of a Young Girl]

Date: 1928
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a young girl, Elizabeth "Betsy" Harris, née Ross, posing for a portrait in a short-sleeved white ensemble. Her hair is styled in a short, blonde bob. The year "1928" is written just below her portrait.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST