Description: Two graves in Nichols Cemetery, Marshall, belong to the Turner family. At right is Milissa Turner, Mar 07, 1864-Nov. 17, 1952. At left is Maliss Turner, Oct. 04, 1908-Nov. 17, 1941. Behind the fence can be seen the roof of a modern ranch house. Nichols Cemetery (also called Old Sudduth) is located on Merrill St. in east Marshall. It is surrounded by modern subdivisions. It is a traditionally African-American cemetery. Enclosed by wood and cyclone fencing, the site is still used.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library