You limited your search to:

 Collection: Texas History Collection
[Pemberton High School Choir, Marshall]

[Pemberton High School Choir, Marshall]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This yearbook photo of 1964-65 shows the Pemberton High School Choir in Marshall. Students wear the traditional choir robes with collars. They stand on graded risers. Mr. Johnson was the director at this period. Students in the group are unidentified. Pemberton H. S., an African-American school before integration, was closed in 1988.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[Pemberton High School Club, Marshall]

[Pemberton High School Club, Marshall]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Jet Set Club is shown in this photo from the 1964-65 Pemberton High School yearbook. According to the caption, the purpose of the club was to help young women develop physically, mentally, culturally, and socially. The group members and their sponsors are unidentified. Pemberton High School was traditionally African-American until integration, when it became a ninth-grade campus. The school was merged with Marshall High School in 1988 and the plant was sold.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[Pemberton High School Club, Marshall]

[Pemberton High School Club, Marshall]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: One of the clubs at Pemberton High School in Marshall was the Tri-Hi-Y, which was a Christian fellowship. This photograph is from the 1964-65 yearbook. The group , all girls, is standing on the front steps of the school building. Most of the students are unidentified. Three are known: Australen Allen, Joyce Carraway, and Sharon Kay Black.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[Pemberton High School, Marshall]

[Pemberton High School, Marshall]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Students are gathered in the courtyard in front of Pemberton High School in Marshall. The school was traditionally African-American before integration. In 1970 MISD merged grades 10-12 with Marshall High School. Pemberton then housed the ninth grade until 1988, when the ninth grade went to Marshall High School. The campus was then sold to Wiley College. This photo is from the 1964-65 yearbook.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[Pemberton High School Outstanding Students]

[Pemberton High School Outstanding Students]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Ruby L. McFarlin and Harold Jackson were outstanding students at Pemberton High School in Marshall. They were featured on this yearbook page.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[Pemberton High School Personnel]

[Pemberton High School Personnel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Principal G. A. Rosborough, bottom, and Mrs. Lola S. Harrold, Registrar, are pictured in a Pemberton Senior High School Yearbook, date unknown. Mr. Rosborough was the second principal of PHS until 1972. His tenure was marked by increases in the school plant, staff, and curriculum. During integration, Pemberton became a ninth grade campus, which eventually merged with Marshall High School in 1988. The school plant was sold to Wiley College at that time.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[Pemberton High School Queen and Her Court]

[Pemberton High School Queen and Her Court]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A queen and her court are pictured against a decorative backdrop. The queen, in her tiara, holds a spray of flowers. Two ladies attend her on each side. The event, date, and identity of the court members are unknown. The place was likely Pemberton High School in Marshall.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[Pemberton High School Students, Marshall]

[Pemberton High School Students, Marshall]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A group of students is gathered in front of Pemberton High School in Marshall. The photograph appears to be from the 1960s. This facade shows the new wing which was added to the front of the old building, creating a courtyard between. Steps shown in front lead directly to Rosborough Springs St. Pemberton became a ninth- grade school in 1970 and was finally merged with Marshall High School in 1988. The building was sold to Wiley College, which is located across the street. Pemberton was named for H. B. Pemberton, the noted African-American educator (1867-1944) who was founder of Central School on Border St., the first public school in Marshall for African-American students. In 1925 Central was moved to the Rosborough Springs site, designated a high school, and renamed in 1941 to honor Pemberton, its first principal.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[Pemberton High School's Miss Pemberton of 1954-55]

[Pemberton High School's Miss Pemberton of 1954-55]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Miss Pemberton of 1954-55 is featured in the Pemberton High School yearbook. She is not identified.
Contributing Partner: Marshall Public Library
[People at a Dinner Party]

[People at a Dinner Party]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a group of people seated around a circular table at a dinner party. Many of them are wearing name tags on their chests. Amongst the people seated at the table is Lorena Harbison. She is the gray-haired woman in the navy blue cardigan sitting next to the only man at the table. There are multiple more occupied tables in the background.
Contributing Partner: League City Helen Hall Library