Creator: Gene Aiken
Description: Postcard of the stone carved Alamo's face, with red flowers blooming from a large bush on the left side. The back of the postcard adds, "The Alamo. The sacred Alamo stands within the very heart of the business district of the city of San Antonio. It was erected in 1718 by the Franciscan Monks and was originally the Chapel of the Mission of San Antonio de Balera. It was within the gray stone walls of the quaint old Chapel, March 6, 1836, that Travis, Bonham, Bowie, Crockett, and 182 unsung heroes gave their lives in the defense of Texas liberty."
Contributing Partner: McFaddin-Ward House Museum