Date: August 1, 2005
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of a plaque at Hood County Courthouse. It reads: "Fifth Courthouse on this site. Erected 1890-1891, this handsome building is a Texas version of the French Second Empire style. First courthouse (1867) was a 1 room log cabin housing county records, lawyers and land agents' offices, and mail station. It was succeeded by 3 stone structures. Contractors Moodie & Ellis and Architect W. C. Dodson built this native stone edifice. The clock tower, added after completion, was reinforced with steel in 1869. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1970."
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries