Date: March 1, 2006
Creator: Belden, Dreanna L.
Description: Photograph of a historic plaque in Cleburne, Texas. It reads: "Site of Old Picnic Grounds. Had wood, water, was used after 1854 start of Camp Henderson (named for land owner-townsite donor) for decisive public meetings. In 1867 Camp Henderson became county seat. Then men at 4th of July picnic here named town "Cleburne", for Civil War Commander of many local veterans. (1966)"
Contributing Partner: UNT Libraries