You limited your search to:

  Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
 Decade: 1970-1979
 Year: 1970
[304 Main Street]

[304 Main Street]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Entrance to 304 Main Street - Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Aerial Photo of Osjetea Briggs' Home]

[Aerial Photo of Osjetea Briggs' Home]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photo of the home of Osjetea Briggs, which was located just out of the city limits on the highway going toward Rusk.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[The Arbor at the Anderson County Camp Ground - Brushy Creek]

[The Arbor at the Anderson County Camp Ground - Brushy Creek]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: This is a photo of the Arbor at the Anderson County Camp Ground. There is a Texas Historical Commission Marker at the site, which was dedicated on September 6, 1981. That same day a National Register of Historic Places designation was also given to the site. Commonly called the Brushy Creek Arbor, Anderson Campground has a long and well known history. During the 1850's, the nearby area was settled with families, most of whom had come from a place called Brushy Creek, which was in Anderson County, South Carolina. By the 1870's a religious campground was constructed, with water provided from a nearby Artesian spring. Families came and stayed for days, bringing their own food, bedding, and supplies. Sermons were preached several times a day. Religious camp meetings were popular in the late 1800's and early 1900's, although there are few visible signs remaining. This arbor is one of the few that has survived intact for over 130 years. Both the church associated with it, Brushy Creek United Methodist, and the arbor itself have changed very little. The total area covers 5.6 acres. Although the last camp meetings were held in the 1930's, the arbor continued to be used for ...
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Betty Flanagan and the Dogwoods at the Carnegie Building]

[Betty Flanagan and the Dogwoods at the Carnegie Building]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: Betty Flanagan standing next to a Dogwood tree in front of the Carnegie Building in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Businesses on Spring Street]

[Businesses on Spring Street]

Date: c. 1970
Creator: unknown
Description: Left to Right. Arnold Hudson Car Dealership and Trailway Bus station. Both business are located on the west end of Spring Street.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Carroll Building of First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

[Carroll Building of First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Carroll Building on the grounds of the First Methodist Church, which is located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. It is a one-story brick building with round white columns on either side of the front porch; the east wall of the church is visible on the left side of the image.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the south side and part of the front entrance of the First Methodist Church, located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Reagan and Magnolia streets. The two-story church is made of brick with stone accents and has Gothic Revival-style architecture, including pointed, arched openings and corner towers.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the garden walls on the north side of the First Methodist Church building, located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas. The walls have pointed, arched openings and there is a decorative wooden gate.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front and south side of the First Methodist Church, located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine, Texas, taken from the corner of Reagan and Magnolia streets. The two-story church is made of brick with stone accents and has Gothic Revival-style architecture, including pointed, arched openings and corner towers. Another brick building and decorative stone wall enclosing the church gardens are visible to the north of the building, on the left side of the image.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

[First Methodist Church - 422 S. Magnolia]

Date: 1970~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the entrance to a brick building in the gardens of the First Methodist Church, located at 422 S. Magnolia in Palestine. The walls have pointed, arched openings and there are flower beds outside the building.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 NEXT LAST