You limited your search to:

  Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
 Decade: 1980-1989
[418 N. Tennessee - St. Mary's Academy]

[418 N. Tennessee - St. Mary's Academy]

Date: 1980~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front entrance of St. Mary's Academy, located on the 500 Block of N. Tennessee Avenue in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with Gothic Revival-style features. There is a partially-visible stone tower above the entrance, as well as a stone arch over the door. Part of another wing is visible on the left side of the image.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Anderson Campground - Brushy Creek Arbor]

[Anderson Campground - Brushy Creek Arbor]

Date: c. 1980
Creator: unknown
Description: This is a photo of the Anderson County Campground. There is a Texas Historical Commission Marker at the site, which was dedicated on September 6, 1981. That same day a National Register of Historic Places designation was also given to the site. Commonly called the Brushy Creek Arbor, Anderson Campground has a long and well known history. During the 1850's, the nearby area was settled with families, most of whom had come from a place called Brushy Creek, which was in Anderson County, South Carolina. By the 1870's a religious campground was constructed, with water provided from a nearby Artesian spring. Families came and stayed for days, bringing their own food, bedding, and supplies. Sermons were preached several times a day. Religious camp meetings were popular in the late 1800's and early 1900's, although there are few visible signs remaining. This arbor is one of the few that has survived intact for over 130 years. Both the church associated with it, Brushy Creek United Methodist, and the arbor itself have changed very little. The total area covers 5.6 acres. Although the last camp meetings were held in the 1930's, the arbor continued to be used for weeklong summer revivals into ...
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Anderson County Courthouse]

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Date: 1980~
Creator: unknown
Description: Detail view of the architecture just south of the entrance on the west side of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front. There is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Anderson County Courthouse]

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Date: 1980~
Creator: unknown
Description: Aerial photograph of the south and west sides of the Anderson County Courthouse, located at 500 N. Church in Palestine, Texas. The three-story building has Classical Revival-style elements including Ionic columns across the front and there is a dome topped with a statue of Lady Justice in the center of the roof. Buildings and parking lots on the nearby lots to the north and east of the building are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Autumn Leaves on a Dogwood Tree in Anderson County]

[Autumn Leaves on a Dogwood Tree in Anderson County]

Date: November 1983
Creator: unknown
Description: An Anderson County dogwood tree during the fall in Davey Dogwood Park near Palestine, Texas. The tree's leaves have all turned red. Other trees are visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Building a Library]

[Building a Library]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST