You limited your search to:

  Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]
Photo of people viewing the coloring mural at the Dogwood Festival in Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25695/
[Coloring Mural at Dogwood Festival]
Photo of people viewing the coloring mural at the Dogwood Festival in Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25687/
[Anderson County Courthouse]
The Anderson County Courthouse is the largest historic institutional building in Palestine and arguably the most prominent architectural landmark. Sited atop a hill that overlooks the central business district to the southwest, the courthouse retains its historic integrity and character. The original architects, C.H. Page and Brother incorporated Classical Revival elements in the design, which bears a resemblance to the firm’s courthouse design for Williamson County, Texas. Legislators designated Palestine the county seat of Anderson County in 1846, the year of the county’s creation. This is the county’s fourth courthouse, and the third to be erected on this site. It was designed in 1913-1914 by the noted Austin architectural firm of Charles Page and Brother. B.P. Garvey of Gainesville, Texas, served as the contractor. The building’s formal dedication ceremony was held December 20, 1914. Billy Bean documented the courthouse in his 1980 survey. The building was extensively remodeled in 1986. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 - Building #92001256 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25701/
[Anderson County Courthouse]
The Anderson County Courthouse is the largest historic institutional building in Palestine and arguably the most prominent architectural landmark. Sited atop a hill that overlooks the central business district to the southwest, the courthouse retains its historic integrity and character. The original architects, C.H. Page and Brother incorporated Classical Revival elements in the design, which bears a resemblance to the firm’s courthouse design for Williamson County, Texas. Legislators designated Palestine the county seat of Anderson County in 1846, the year of the county’s creation. This is the county’s fourth courthouse, and the third to be erected on this site. It was designed in 1913-1914 by the noted Austin architectural firm of Charles Page and Brother. B.P. Garvey of Gainesville, Texas, served as the contractor. The building’s formal dedication ceremony was held December 20, 1914. Billy Bean documented the courthouse in his 1980 survey. The building was extensively remodeled in 1986. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 - Building #92001256 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25718/
[Sesquicentennial Marker Dedecation for Rev. Daniel Parker]
Photo of a Citizen of the Republic of Texas Marker dedication for Rev. Daniel Parker, which was held during the Texas Sesquicentennial at the Pilgrim Cemetery, Elkhart, Texas. He was a Pioneer Baptist Minister who was born in Virginia on 6 April 1781 and died December 3, 1844. His wife was Patsy Dixon Parker, who was born January 17, 1784 and died December 1, 1846. On November 3, 1985, the Fort Houston Chapter of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas held this dedication of the DRT medallion that was added to the marker, which signifies that he was a Citizen of the Republic of Texas. The ladies who are standing around the monument are, from left to right: Cindy Selden Herrington, Bonnie Woolverton, Lynda Sansom, Gwen Routh and Odessa Woodard Crowson. Both Mrs. Herrington and Mrs. Crowson are descendants of Rev. Parker. The Daughters of the Republic of Texas medallion that had been affixed to the monument has since been stolen. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25737/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25603/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25607/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25623/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25611/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25649/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25631/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25619/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25627/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25615/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25669/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25635/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25595/
[Building a Library]
Conversion of the Alamo School into the Palestine Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25599/
[Autumn Leaves on a Dogwood Tree in Anderson County]
An Anderson County dogwood tree during the fall in Davey Dogwood Park near Palestine, Texas. The tree's leaves have all turned red. Other trees are visible in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25712/
[Country Scene at Sunset]
Photo of a country scene somewhere in Anderson County at sunset. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25755/
[Courtroom Scene]
Photo of a trial taking place in a courtroom inside the Anderson County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25591/
[Courtroom Scene]
Photo of a trial taking place in a courtroom inside the Anderson County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25753/
[Courtroom Scene]
Photo of a trial taking place in a courtroom inside the Anderson County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25770/
[Courtroom Scene]
Photo of a trial taking place inside a courtroom in the Anderson County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25766/
[Courtroom Scene]
Photo of a trial taking place inside a courtroom in the Anderson County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25759/
[Dogwood Tree in Autumn]
Photo of a Dogwood Tree in Davey Dogwood Park near Palestine during Autumn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25583/
[Dogwood Tree in Autumn]
Photograph of a woman in Davey Dogwood Park near Palestine in autumn. The park is full of dogwood trees with red leaves and stone pedestals. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25750/
[Dogwood Tree in Autumn]
Photo of a Dogwood tree in the fall in Davey Dogwood Park, Anderson County, which is near Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25707/
[Dogwood Tree wearing Autumn Leaves]
Dogwood tree in Davey Dogwood Park, Anderson County wearing Fall Colors. The park is located near Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25587/
[Unidentified Woman standing beside Dogwood Tree]
Photo of an unidentified woman in Davey Dogwood Park, standing next to a dogwood tree that is wearing it's fall foliage. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25734/
[Demolition of O'Neill Hotel]
Demolition of the O'Neill Hotel, which was located at 313 Spring Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25699/
[Demolition of O'Neill Hotel]
Demolition of the O'Neill Hotel, which was located at 313 Spring Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25725/
[Demolition of O'Neill Hotel]
Demolition of the O'Neill Hotel, which was located at 313 Spring Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25762/
[Demolition of O'Neill Hotel]
Demolition of the O'Neill Hotel, which was located at 313 Spring Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25721/
[Demolition of O'Neill Hotel]
Demoltion of the O'Neill Hotel, which was located at 313 Spring Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25729/
[Demolition of O'Neill Hotel]
Demolition of the O'Neill Hotel, which was located at 313 Spring Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25743/
[Demolition of O'Neill Hotel]
Demolition of the O'Neill Hotel, which was located at 313 Spring Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25703/
[Demolition of O'Neill Hotel]
Demolition of the O'Neill Hotel, which was located at 313 Spring Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25579/
[418 N. Tennessee - St. Mary's Academy]
Photograph of the front entrance of St. Mary's Academy, located on the 500 Block of N. Tennessee Avenue in Palestine, Texas. It is a two-story brick building with Gothic Revival-style features. There is a partially-visible stone tower above the entrance, as well as a stone arch over the door. Part of another wing is visible on the left side of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25644/
[Anderson County Courthouse]
The Anderson County Courthouse is the largest historic institutional building in Palestine and arguably the most prominent architectural landmark. Sited atop a hill that overlooks the central business district to the southwest, the courthouse retains its historic integrity and character. The original architects, C.H. Page and Brother incorporated Classical Revival elements in the design, which bears a resemblance to the firm’s courthouse design for Williamson County, Texas. Legislators designated Palestine the county seat of Anderson County in 1846, the year of the county’s creation. This is the county’s fourth courthouse, and the third to be erected on this site. It was designed in 1913-1914 by the noted Austin architectural firm of Charles Page and Brother. B.P. Garvey of Gainesville, Texas, served as the contractor. The building’s formal dedication ceremony was held December 20, 1914. Billy Bean documented the courthouse in his 1980 survey. The building was extensively remodeled in 1986. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 - Building #92001256 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25636/
[Anderson County Courthouse]
The Anderson County Courthouse is the largest historic institutional building in Palestine and arguably the most prominent architectural landmark. Sited atop a hill that overlooks the central business district to the southwest, the courthouse retains its historic integrity and character. The original architects, C.H. Page and Brother incorporated Classical Revival elements in the design, which bears a resemblance to the firm’s courthouse design for Williamson County, Texas. Legislators designated Palestine the county seat of Anderson County in 1846, the year of the county’s creation. This is the county’s fourth courthouse, and the third to be erected on this site. It was designed in 1913-1914 by the noted Austin architectural firm of Charles Page and Brother. B.P. Garvey of Gainesville, Texas, served as the contractor. The building’s formal dedication ceremony was held December 20, 1914. Billy Bean documented the courthouse in his 1980 survey. The building was extensively remodeled in 1986. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 - Building #92001256 texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25696/
[Neches River, Anderson County]
Photograph of the Neches River from the Anderson County side. This river forms the Eastern boundary of Anderson County. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25697/
[Demolition of a Building in Palestine]
Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25589/
[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]
Demolition of an unknown building located on Spring Street - Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25593/
[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]
Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25717/
[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]
Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25739/
[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]
Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25761/
[Demoltion of a Building in Palestine]
Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25757/
[Dogwood Trees in front of City Hall - Palestine]
Photo of the Dogwood located in front of City Hall, downtown Palestine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25608/
[Looking North along N. Sycamore Street]
Looking north along N. Sycamore Street. Notice the construction of what was the Royall National Bank Drive-Thru building on the right. This bank later became the Hibernia Bank, then Capitol One in 2006. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth25628/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST