You limited your search to:

  Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Anderson County Courthouse]

[Anderson County Courthouse]

Date: 1980~
Creator: unknown
Description: The Anderson County Courthouse is the largest historic institutional building in Palestine and arguably the most prominent architectural landmark. Sited atop a hill that overlooks the central business district to the southwest, the courthouse retains its historic integrity and character. The original architects, C.H. Page and Brother incorporated Classical Revival elements in the design, which bears a resemblance to the firm’s courthouse design for Williamson County, Texas. Legislators designated Palestine the county seat of Anderson County in 1846, the year of the county’s creation. This is the county’s fourth courthouse, and the third to be erected on this site. It was designed in 1913-1914 by the noted Austin architectural firm of Charles Page and Brother. B.P. Garvey of Gainesville, Texas, served as the contractor. The building’s formal dedication ceremony was held December 20, 1914. Billy Bean documented the courthouse in his 1980 survey. The building was extensively remodeled in 1986. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992 - Building #92001256
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Demolition of a Building in Palestine]

[Demolition of a Building in Palestine]

Date: August 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]

[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]

Date: August 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Demolition of an unknown building located on Spring Street - Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]

[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]

Date: August 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]

[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]

Date: August 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]

[Demolition of a Building on Spring Street]

Date: August 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Demoltion of a Building in Palestine]

[Demoltion of a Building in Palestine]

Date: August 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Demolition of an unknown building on Spring Street in Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Dogwood Trees in front of City Hall - Palestine]

[Dogwood Trees in front of City Hall - Palestine]

Date: May 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of the Dogwood located in front of City Hall, downtown Palestine.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Looking North along N. Sycamore Street]

[Looking North along N. Sycamore Street]

Date: May 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Looking north along N. Sycamore Street. Notice the construction of what was the Royall National Bank Drive-Thru building on the right. This bank later became the Hibernia Bank, then Capitol One in 2006.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission
[Unidentified Road surrounded by Dogwood Trees in Bloom]

[Unidentified Road surrounded by Dogwood Trees in Bloom]

Date: May 1979
Creator: unknown
Description: Photo of an Anderson County road with Dogwoods in bloom on both sides of it.
Contributing Partner: Anderson County Historical Commission