You limited your search to:

  Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church
 Decade: 1980-1989
[Dedication of a historical marker]

[Dedication of a historical marker]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a minister holding a bible in front of a church at a dedication. The dedication is for a historical marker.
Contributing Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church
[Dedication of a historical marker]

[Dedication of a historical marker]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two people at a dedication removing the cover from a historical marker, the cover has a Texas flag attached to it. The dedication is for the historical marker.
Contributing Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church
[Robert E. (Bob), Messer]

[Robert E. (Bob), Messer]

Date: 1983
Creator: Olan Mills
Description: Photograph of Robert E. (Bob) Messer. Back of photograph: "1981-1983, St. Mark."
Contributing Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church
[Texas Historical Commission Marker: St. Mark United Methodist Church]

[Texas Historical Commission Marker: St. Mark United Methodist Church]

Date: 1985
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas Historical Commission marker for St. Mark United Methodist Church in Fort Worth, Texas. Text: This congregation was formed in 1940 by the merger of several historic Fort Worth Methodist Churches. The Swedish Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1883 with twenty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. P. S. Juhline. Use of the Swedish language during worship services continued until 1920. In 1924 the name of the congregation was changed to Broadway Methodist Episcopal Church. Six years later, St. Paul Methodist Episcopal Church merged with the Broadway congregation. St. Paul's had been organized in 1877 with thirty charter members under the leadership of the Rev. Harvey Webb. Mulkey Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church began in the late 1880s as a mission of the First Methodist Episcopal Church of Fort Worth. The church was named for the Rev. and Mrs. William Mulkey, parents of George Mulkey, who was a charter member of the new church. The Rev. John M. Barcus served as first pastor. At the 1940 annual conference, these historic congregations merged to become the Broadway-Mulkey Methodist Eposcopal Church, South. The name St. Mark was adopted in 1945. The congregation has worshiped at this site ...
Contributing Partner: Archives of the Central Texas Conference United Methodist Church