Alvord Public Library
About this Partner
The Alvord Public Library contributes local history materials that include the Mayor's Criminal Docket, 1893-1924; Ledger of the Church of Christ at Alvord, 1904-1916; the Union Hill Baptist Church Record Books from 1877-1950; the "Yellowed Pages," a history of Audobon by Mary Steph; a 1920-21 city tax roll; and turn-of-the-century wholesale receipts from the J. R. Rhyne Hardware Store. Funding for this project was provided by the Tocker Foundation.
The Alvord Public Library is located in the small town of Alvord, Texas in northern Wise County.