You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1930-1939
1938 Colorado River Flood
Colorado River in flood at 1st Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62068/
Advertisement for O. Henry Bibliography
Lengthy advertisement for O. Henry Bibliography. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth139304/
Aerial View of Flood
Aerial photograph of the 1938 flood. Looking Northeast from Congress Avenue, south of the Colorado River. Palm School in center background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth19256/
Aerial view of Municipal Golf Course
Photograph of An aerial view of Austin Municipal Golf Course, donated to the city in 1936 by the Austin Lion's Club. The club house is visible in the center of the image, with holes surrounding. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124620/
[Aerial view of Zilker Park looking west]
Aerial photograph of Zilker Springs during development in 1938. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124413/
Austin -- Aerial Views
Aerial View. Facing toward South Austin. Congress on far right, East Avenue on far left and San Jancinto and Trinity Streets in the middle. 14th Street in foreground running left to right (note Waller Creek and single road bridge). To the top is 12th St. (note double road bridge); the neighborhood to the right including Neches and up to Trinity St and from 12th to 14th will become Waterloo Park. The Austin Longitude Station is to the left of the Capitol (note double stacks). The first Austin High School campus is located between Neches and Trinity in the far center of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62084/
Austin -- Aerial Views
Aerial view of the state capitol and surrounding neighborhoods. The view is looking south past the main fountain, South Mall and down University Avenue toward the capitol from the University of Texas Tower. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62079/
Austin -- Aerial Views
Aerial view of the Austin State Hospital grounds. The large white structure with two domes, or cupolas, on top is the first asylum built west of the Mississippi river. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62083/
Austin -- Aerial Views
Aerial view. The large building in the center of the photograph is The Scottish Rite Dormitory at 201 W. 27th Street and to the top is Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Red River is the street running in the background from left to right. 32nd St intersects Red River on the upper right. Note the carline on Guadalupe and 27th St on bottom right. The neighborhood in the center left is Grooms Addition. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62082/
Austin -- Aerial Views
Aerial view looking south from The University of Texas campus toward the state capitol with University Avenue in the center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62081/
Austin American Statesman Building 7th & Colorado
Photograph of building under construction texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62077/
Austin American Statesman Building 7th & Colorado
Photograph of building under construction. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62073/
Austin American Statesman Building 7th & Colorado
Photograph of building under construction texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62075/
Austin American Statesman Building 7th & Colorado
Photograph of American Statesman Bldg texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62071/
Austin American Statesman Building 7th & Colorado
Photograph of building under construction texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62070/
Austin American Statesman Building 7th & Colorado
Photograph of building under construction texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62076/
Austin American Statesman Building 7th & Colorado
No Description texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62074/
Austin High School Maroons
Photograph of young man in football uniform. Believed to be House Park Stadium. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62088/
Austin High School Maroons
Photograph of football player texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62093/
Austin High School Maroons
Photograph of high school football team texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62092/
Austin High School Maroons
Photograph of high school football team texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62091/
Austin High School Maroons
Photograph of High School football team texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62090/
Austin High School Maroons
Photograph of High School football team texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62089/
Austin High School Maroons -- Football Photos
Austin High School Maroon football team practicing at House Park in Austin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62086/
Austin High School Maroons -- Football Photos
Three Austin High School Maroon football players pose in front of the stadium at House Park. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62085/
Austin High School Maroons -- Football Photos
Three Austin High School Maroon football players pose at House Park. Player in the middle, #33, is Travis Raven, who later coached at Austin High School and won three state football championships as head football coach at Reagan High School in Austin. He also served as Athletic Director of The Austin Independent School District. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth62087/
[Austin High School students read at long tables in the school library, Austin, Texas]
Photograph of students reading at long wooden tables in the school library at Austin High School. They are seated in wooden chairs with vertical back slats. The view is taken through an ornamental wrought iron arch, featuring scrolls, a Texas star and the letters "AHS" at each top corner. The iron work may be attributable to the Weigl Iron Works, a local business known for architectural and decorative iron work. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124202/
[Austin Municipal Airport]
Photograph of the Austin Municipal Airport. A Braniff Airways Inc. airplane is in the center of the photograph. There is a Humble aviation gasoline and lubricants pump in the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124006/
[Austin Municipal Golf Course] caretaker's house
Photograph of the caretaker's house at the Austin municipal golf course. The house is made of white brick with several screened windows and a screen door facing a concrete patio. A wooden ladder leans on the side of the house to the roof. Construction debris litters the grassless yard. A shed sits behind the house. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124590/
[Austin Municipal Golf Course club house]
Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course Club House front elevation. Screened double doors, a columned entrance, and gable windows are visible. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124592/
[Austin Municipal Golf Course - Fairway View]
Photograph of an open fairway at the Austin Municipal Golf Course on Lake Austin Boulevard, with trees and other vegetation framing the grass surface. Unpaved trails lead to the fairway, and a small house is visible in the distance. The designation "#3" appears in the lower right hand corner of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125042/
[Austin Public Library]
Photograph of the interior of the public library building located at 819 Congress Avenue on the second floor above the newspaper Pressler and Ziller on March 7, 1933. The library opened at this location on February 16, 1926. Grace Delano Clark served as volunteer librarian. Shortly thereafter, the library moved to its first building on West 9th street and Guadalupe street. "Gossip" written and underlined beneath date on back of photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123920/
[Austin Public Library, Carver Branch]
Photograph of the Carver Branch of the Austin Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123922/
[Austin School Bus with group of students and teachers in front of Austin High School, Austin, Texas]
Photograph of a group of students, teachers and Arthur N. McCallum, superintendent of Austin Public Schools, standing with an Austin School Bus in front of the Austin High School campus at 1202 Rio Grande. McCallum would later have an Austin high school named for him. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124201/
[Austin Skyline]
Photograph of the Austin skyline taken from the top of the Light Plant. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123907/
Austin Views/UT Tower
Looking north at the University of Texas at Austin Tower under construction. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth34392/
[Bathers at Deep Eddy]
Photograph of Deep Eddy swimming pool looking northwest towards the dressing rooms. People swimming, others sitting on the edge of the pool. View from the deep end of the pool. Deep Eddy began as a natural swimming hole in the Colorado River and was expanded into a man-made swimming pool in 1915 by A.J. Eilers, Sr. Deep Eddy pool is the oldest swimming pool in Texas and is operated and maintained by the City of Austin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124671/
[Children swimming at Rosewood Park]
Photograph of a group of African-American children swimming and splashing at the Rosewood Park for Negroes swimming pool. Extensive use of swimming pool and facilities demonstrates success of this recreation center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124743/
[City of Austin takes Municipal Golf Course deed]
Photograph of Guiton Morgan, City Manager, (at left) accepting deed from John H. Tobin of Austin Lions Club. Tobin was club president 1919-1920. The city of Austin took over the Municipal Golf Course on April 1, 1937. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124585/
Close-Up of Workers
Close-up of two unidentified workers clearing debris from the New London School explosion. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth19249/
Club house at Municipal Golf Course [in snow]
Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course Club House entrance covered in snow. Wooden chairs and a bench sit on the concrete patio to the left of the double screen door entrance. Two large bushes flank the walkway. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124593/
Club House at the Golf Course
Photograph of the Austin Municipal Golf Course club house and surrounding landscape. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124618/
[Colorado River Flood]
Photograph of the Colorado River flood in June, 1935. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124018/
[Colorado River Flood]
Photograph of the 1935 Texas flood of the Colorado River. The photograph was taken of Congress Avenue from the south. The Capitol building can be seen in the background of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124019/
[Colorado River Flooding]
Looking West from the north end of the Congress Avenue bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125347/
[Colorado River Flooding]
Intersection of South Congress and Barton Springs Road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125348/
[Congress Avenue Flooded by Colorado River]
Photograph of Congress Avenue flooded by the Colorado River. Note on photo reads: "Looking northwest from So. Congress Sept. 28, 1936." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124020/
Congress Avenue looking north
Looking north from the southwest corner of the Congress Avenue bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125166/
[Construction of] Municipal Golf Course tool house
Photograph of construction of the Austin Municipal Golf Course tool house, made of white bricks. Scaffolding circles the walls, and the support for the roof is visible. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and then donated to the city in 1936, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124621/
[Construction of the Municipal Golf Course tool house]
Photograph of construction workers work on building the tool house at the Austin Municipal Golf Course. A ladder leans on a scaffolding leading to the roof. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and donated to the city in 1936, has served it's citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124623/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST