You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1930-1939
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
Aerial view of Municipal Golf Course
Photograph of An aerial view of Austin Municipal Golf Course, donated to the city in 1936 by the Austin Lion's Club. The club house is visible in the center of the image, with holes surrounding. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124620/
[Aerial view of Zilker Park looking west]
Aerial photograph of Zilker Springs during development in 1938. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124413/
[Austin High School students read at long tables in the school library, Austin, Texas]
Photograph of students reading at long wooden tables in the school library at Austin High School. They are seated in wooden chairs with vertical back slats. The view is taken through an ornamental wrought iron arch, featuring scrolls, a Texas star and the letters "AHS" at each top corner. The iron work may be attributable to the Weigl Iron Works, a local business known for architectural and decorative iron work. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124202/
[Austin Municipal Airport]
Photograph of the Austin Municipal Airport. A Braniff Airways Inc. airplane is in the center of the photograph. There is a Humble aviation gasoline and lubricants pump in the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124006/
[Austin Municipal Golf Course] caretaker's house
Photograph of the caretaker's house at the Austin municipal golf course. The house is made of white brick with several screened windows and a screen door facing a concrete patio. A wooden ladder leans on the side of the house to the roof. Construction debris litters the grassless yard. A shed sits behind the house. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124590/
[Austin Municipal Golf Course club house]
Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course Club House front elevation. Screened double doors, a columned entrance, and gable windows are visible. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124592/
[Austin Municipal Golf Course - Fairway View]
Photograph of an open fairway at the Austin Municipal Golf Course on Lake Austin Boulevard, with trees and other vegetation framing the grass surface. Unpaved trails lead to the fairway, and a small house is visible in the distance. The designation "#3" appears in the lower right hand corner of the image. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125042/
[Austin Public Library]
Photograph of the interior of the public library building located at 819 Congress Avenue on the second floor above the newspaper Pressler and Ziller on March 7, 1933. The library opened at this location on February 16, 1926. Grace Delano Clark served as volunteer librarian. Shortly thereafter, the library moved to its first building on West 9th street and Guadalupe street. "Gossip" written and underlined beneath date on back of photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123920/
[Austin Public Library, Carver Branch]
Photograph of the Carver Branch of the Austin Public Library. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123922/
[Austin School Bus with group of students and teachers in front of Austin High School, Austin, Texas]
Photograph of a group of students, teachers and Arthur N. McCallum, superintendent of Austin Public Schools, standing with an Austin School Bus in front of the Austin High School campus at 1202 Rio Grande. McCallum would later have an Austin high school named for him. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124201/
[Austin Skyline]
Photograph of the Austin skyline taken from the top of the Light Plant. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123907/
[Bathers at Deep Eddy]
Photograph of Deep Eddy swimming pool looking northwest towards the dressing rooms. People swimming, others sitting on the edge of the pool. View from the deep end of the pool. Deep Eddy began as a natural swimming hole in the Colorado River and was expanded into a man-made swimming pool in 1915 by A.J. Eilers, Sr. Deep Eddy pool is the oldest swimming pool in Texas and is operated and maintained by the City of Austin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124671/
[Children swimming at Rosewood Park]
Photograph of a group of African-American children swimming and splashing at the Rosewood Park for Negroes swimming pool. Extensive use of swimming pool and facilities demonstrates success of this recreation center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124743/
[City of Austin takes Municipal Golf Course deed]
Photograph of Guiton Morgan, City Manager, (at left) accepting deed from John H. Tobin of Austin Lions Club. Tobin was club president 1919-1920. The city of Austin took over the Municipal Golf Course on April 1, 1937. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124585/
Club house at Municipal Golf Course [in snow]
Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course Club House entrance covered in snow. Wooden chairs and a bench sit on the concrete patio to the left of the double screen door entrance. Two large bushes flank the walkway. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124593/
Club House at the Golf Course
Photograph of the Austin Municipal Golf Course club house and surrounding landscape. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124618/
[Colorado River Flood]
Photograph of the Colorado River flood in June, 1935. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124018/
[Colorado River Flood]
Photograph of the 1935 Texas flood of the Colorado River. The photograph was taken of Congress Avenue from the south. The Capitol building can be seen in the background of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124019/
[Congress Avenue Flooded by Colorado River]
Photograph of Congress Avenue flooded by the Colorado River. Note on photo reads: "Looking northwest from So. Congress Sept. 28, 1936." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124020/
[Construction of] Municipal Golf Course tool house
Photograph of construction of the Austin Municipal Golf Course tool house, made of white bricks. Scaffolding circles the walls, and the support for the roof is visible. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and then donated to the city in 1936, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124621/
[Construction of the Municipal Golf Course tool house]
Photograph of construction workers work on building the tool house at the Austin Municipal Golf Course. A ladder leans on a scaffolding leading to the roof. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and donated to the city in 1936, has served it's citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124623/
Damned up Creek between East Avenue and Red River Street
Photograph of a damned up creek between East Avenue and Red River Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123934/
East Avenue
Photograph of East Avenue looking south from Lookout after a recent snowfall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124769/
[Exterior of Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of a side/rear exterior view of the Governor's Mansion looking northeast. The grounds and fire escape are shown, and the Capitol building is in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124026/
[Flower bed at entrance to Zilker Park]
Photograph of the flower bed at entrance to Zilker Park, used in the City's 1937 Annual Report. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124526/
[Front entry of Governor's Mansion from grounds]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation and south elevation showing the entry and grounds. Trees are in front of and partially obscure the upper screened porch of the mansion. The concrete stairs leading to the front porch have one metal handrail on the right. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1939 was Governor W. Lee O'Daniel. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124142/
[Front Exterior of Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the front exterior of the Governor's Mansion. The grounds and a sidewalk are in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124027/
[Gaston Avenue in Pemberton Heights]
Photograph of Gaston Avenue looking west from Claire Avenue in the Pemberton Heights subdivision. Two large homes are in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123961/
[Golfers and caddy on green at Austin Municipal Golf Course]
Photograph of a putting green at Austin Municipal Golf Course with one man, two women and a boy. One of the women puts the ball while the man holds the flag and a golf bag with clubs. The boy holds another golf bag with clubs while the second woman leans on her putter. A man on tractor rides by them behind the green. Trees are in the distance. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124598/
[Golfers on the green at Municipal Golf Course]
Photograph of the green from the trees; man in foreground, five men with clubs in background. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124597/
[Golfers putting on green at Austin Municipal Golf Course]
Photograph of a family playing golf at the Austin Municipal Golf Course and a lawn maintenance worker keeping the grounds. One woman puts while a man holds the flag. A boy holds a second golf bag while a second woman looks on. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124599/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the front entrance of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124455/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the front entrance of the Texas Governor's mansion. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124454/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the southeast. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124122/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the exterior of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the southwest. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124121/
Governor's Mansion Austin, Texas
Photograph of the front entrance to the Texas Governor's mansion. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124145/
[Governor's Mansion Conservatory]
Photograph of the conservatory, also called the family dining room at the Texas Governor's Mansion. It had green walls with white woodwork, marquisette curtains with ball fringe, a rose colored carpet, and early 1900s furniture painted and antiqued in green’, (Blodgett info sheet, TSLA). The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant during this time in 1937 was Democratic Governor James V. Allred. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124151/
[Governor's Mansion dining room]
Photograph of interior view of the Governor's Mansion showing state dining room, with fireplace, dining table with roses, crystalware cabinet, painted screen, high windows, and Zuber wallpaper. A doorway opens to a larger dining room. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant during this time in 1939 was Democratic Governor W. Lee O'Daniel. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124148/
[Governor's Mansion interior hallway with staircase]
Photograph of Interior hallway of the Governor's Mansion with a staircase leading to the second floor. Side tables and seating, governor portraits, flowers, a large gilt mirror and light fixture are visible. Open doorways are visible to two rooms on the right and one room on the left. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant during this time in 1937 was Democratic Governor James V. Allred. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124147/
[Governor's Mansion Library]
Photograph of interior view of the Governor's Mansion showing the library, looking at fireplace with mirrored over mantel. Through the door on the right the wallpapered entry hall is visible. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant during this time in 1935 was Democratic Governor James V. Allred. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124149/
[Governor's Mansion with screened upper porch
Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion east elevation, showing the walkway with partial planting bed along it. The upper porch is screened, and the entry steps are concrete with iron railings. A stone birdbath is visible at the mansion's northeast corner. A bench is partially visible under an oak on the left. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1939 was Governor W. Lee O'Daniel. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124125/
[Governor's Mansion with trees]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion from northeast looking at the front of the mansion partially obscured by trees. The upper porch is screened. There are leaves strewn on the lawn. The steps on the walkway are flanked by urns and the sidewalk is visible in the foreground. A flag pole is mostly obscured by a tree on the right, but the state flag can be seen reaching above the topmost branches. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124799/
[Green Water Treatment Plant]
Photograph of the Green Water Treatment Plant in Austin, TX. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123924/
[Hut at the Municipal] Golf Course
Photograph of Small roofed structure with benches inside at the Austin Municipal Golf Course. The hut is surrounded by trees and uneven land. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124595/
Interior of Owens Garage
Photograph of the interior of Owens Garage, located at 1412 E. 14th Street, Austin. Standing second from left: William Owens; third from left: Murray Owens, owner. Service men stand near four cars parked at the garage. A fence reads "Cars greased, washed and polished" near a ramp. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124932/
Interior of senior high library [at Austin High School]
Photograph of interior of the senior high library at Austin High School from behind the circulation desk. Students fill the wooden tables, five or six per table. Girls sit together, as do boys, with some mixing. Card catalog drawers are on the circulation desk the foreground, as are books stacked and standing. A wall clock wrapped in ivy hangs on the wall above a bust on a mantle above a bricked in fireplace on the rear wall. Sunlight comes in through high windows on both left and right of the image. Double doors indicate the exit at the back of the room on the right. Paint is chipped from tabletop edges at the tables where students are seated in wooden chairs with vertical slats. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124212/
[Koenig Lane Looking East]
Photograph of a view of Koenig Lane in 1937 looking east toward a reservoir. It is a dirt road with empty fields on each side. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123948/
[Library interior of Austin High School with students reading at tables, Austin, Texas]
Photograph of students reading at long wooden tables in the Austin High School library, located at 1202 Rio Grande. The students are seated in wooden chairs with vertical back slats. The circulation desk is visible at the back of the room, and there are two framed prints on the walls. There are four pendant schoolhouse lamps on the ceiling, and a ceiling fan over the circulation desk. The name Mameye Robison is written on the foreedge of a book stacked on a table near the front of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124203/
[Main Building and baseball field at Rosewood Recreation Center]
Photograph of Rosewood Recreation Center, showing the historic Bertram-Huppertz home which became the clubhouse and bath house once the park was established for black citizens. The City acquired the 1875 home of Rudolph Bertram, and adjacent land at 2300 Rosewood Avenue, from his daugheter Emmie Bertram Huppertz (Mrs. Charles Huppertz) in 1928, for the purpose of creating a segregated park for the African American community. The development included a swimming pool for Negros. A grand stone staircase was constructed next to the building by the Civil Works Administration (C. W. A.) in 1934, leading down to a baseball field. This view shows the side of the two-story stone house, designed by architect Joseph Sherwin, with two bay windows on the first floor. The stone steps and ball field are visible in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124745/
[Marching band at Wooldridge Park]
Photograph of a marching band performing for a crowd at Wooldridge Park texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124552/
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST