You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1960-1969
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
Austin High [School] R.O.T.C., 1968
Photograph of Austin High R.O.T.C. in 1968. (This is a portion of a panoramic AR.U.006(235) Panoramic Collection; section 4 of 6). Austin High School opened in 1881 and was the first public high school in Texas. In 1968 the campus was located at 1212 Rio Grande Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124188/
[L.C. Anderson High School class of 1960]
Photograph of Anderson High School graduating class of 1960. The school was originally named E. H. Anderson and later renamed L. C. Anderson. The school, located at 900 Thompson Street, was Austin's all-black high school for many years until students were integrated following desegregation. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124206/
[City of Austin Auditorium]
Photograph of the City of Austin Auditorium taken from the north side of Town Lake after a snowfall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123857/
[Congress Avenue with Capitol in snow]
Photograph of Congress Avenue covered in snow with a veiw of the capitol building. The street is slushy with dirty snow that hasn't been plowed, and cars parked along the side of the streets are covered in snow. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124233/
[Construction of the control tower at Mueller Municipal Airport in Austin, Texas]
Photograph of the aircraft control tower under construction at Mueller Municipal Airport. There is scaffolding around the concrete interior support structure, and board formwork is in place for pouring a flared level near the top of the tower. In front of the tower, the scalloped metal terminal roof is under construction, and there are several wooden construction shacks in foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124068/
[Copy of Photograph of 1919 Texas State Capitol]
Copy of a photograph loaned by Mrs. Gill Paggi of the Texas State Capitol. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124085/
[East 6th Street at Neches]
Photograph of the south side of East 6th Street taken from Neches. Humpty Dumpty Grocery at 419 East 6th is shown in the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123940/
[Exterior Austin High School from the corner of 12th Street and Rio Grande Street]
Photograph of the exterior of the Austin High School Rio Grande Campus from the corner of 12th Street and Rio Grande Street looking north. A moon tower is visible on the corner and a lamp post is visible on the far right foreground. Trees are bare indicating fall or winter. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124204/
[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation and north elevation. The image shows the grounds and entry. The building has a dark downspout on this side of the building. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1967 was Governor John Connally. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124141/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion at 1010 Colorado Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124135/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion at 1010 Colorado Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124137/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the front lawn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124138/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the entrance to the Texas Governor's Mansion at 1010 Colorado Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124134/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion at 1010 Colorado Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124139/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the entrance to the Texas Governor's mansion at 1010 Colorado Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124136/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the exterior of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the front lawn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124711/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the exterior of the Texas Governor's mansion with limousine underneath attached carport. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124710/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the exterior of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the front lawn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124475/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the northwest. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124269/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the front lawn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124140/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the front entrance of the Texas Governor's mansion. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124144/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Governor's Mansion taken from "Souvenir of Austin" (1906). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123845/
[Governor's Mansion]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion, east elevation. The building is two stories, with Ionic-style columns that run the length; there is a porch on each floor and the upper porch has intact framing, though the screens have been removed. A dark downspout is visible on the north elevation. Aluminum fencing is visible behind the mansion and several young trees are on the lawn. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124433/
[Governor's Mansion fence]
Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion east elevation seen behind whitewashed brick and iron fence and gate naming the house as the "Governor's Mansion." Tree visible immediately behind the fence and the mansion is visible under a cloud-filled sky in the background. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1969 was Governor Preston Smith. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124235/
[Interior of St. David's Episcopal Church]
Photograph of the interior sanctuary of St. David's Episcopal Church, taken from the altar. There are large windows, a vaulted ceiling, and rows of pews in the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123992/
[Lobby and registration desk at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel]
Photograph of the front desk and a portion of the lobby at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel, located at 701 Congress Avenue in Austin. The registration area is made of wood, trimmed in a darker wood, and there are rows of key or letter boxes behind the desk. A rack filled with brochures sits on the desk. A large circular chandelier with shaded lamps hangs from the recessed lobby ceiling, just in front of the registration desk. Wooden, upholstered arm chairs sit in front of square columns on either side of the chandelier. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124168/
Pan American Citizenship Class
Photograph of ten elderly women and three men sit around a table at the Pan American Recreation Center for a United States citizenship class. A double sink and cupboards are in the background. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124542/
Pan American Recreation Center flag football
Photograph of children, aged about 10-13 play flag football at the Pan Am Recreation Center. A few boys have jerseys that say "Pan Am Aces" on the front; the rest play in plain clothes. A boy in the foreground raises a cup and looks at the camera. The boy next to him leans forward, ready to catch a pass thrown by a boy in sunglasses. Other children stand around casually. The game is not in full-play. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124626/
[Pan American Recreation Center] Hillside Program
Photograph of a band performing on a stage before a large audience seated on the lawn at the Pan American Recreation Center Hillside Program. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124637/
Pan American Recreation Center Library
Photograph of children reading at the Pan Am Rec Center library. Three children sit at a child's table with books covering the tabletop in front of them. Older children browse books from a shelf in the back. An adult looks on. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124628/
Pan American Recreation Center Library
Photograph of children in the stacks at the Pan Am Rec Center library. The shelves are packed with books. Two girls reach for books on shelves within reach. A third boy stands on a child's chair for reach. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124629/
[Pan American Recreation Center] Tiny Tot trip to Hillcrest Farms
Photograph of children petting a calf at Hillcrest Farms on a Tiny Tot field trip hosted by Pan American Recreation Center. A boy pets the calf while a young girl feeds the calf a treat. Another boy and girl look on. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124635/
[Pan American Tiny Tot Christmas party]
Photograph of Santa Claus visiting the children at the Pan American Recreation Center Tiny Tot Christmas party. A girl sits on Santa's lap while the rest of the children wait and watch from tables around the room. They wear paper reindeer hats and have candy canes. Christmas decorations include Santa's sleigh with three reindeer on the far wall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124633/
[Railroad tracks near Austin]
Photograph of International and Great Northern railroad tracks outside of Austin. On the tracks in the distance can be seen the switch, and in the far distance, the city watertower is visible. Telephone poles and brush are dominant, though some houses and fences indicating residences are visible. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124065/
[Rosewood playground pageant, August 1960]
Photograph of the Rosewood Playground Pageant at Rosewood Park. In this performance, two actors sit next to each other on folding chairs before a painted cityscape background. The male actor holds his arms apart and looks at the female actress as if he is showing her something. Lights are strung above the actors in the outdoor stage area. Three boys in the foreground watch the play. A woman sits at a piano on the far right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124735/
Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garten
Photograph of Saengerrunde Halle amd Scholz Garten beer garden at 1607 San Jacinto. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123932/
Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garten
Photograph of Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garten beer garden at 1607 San Jacinto. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123953/
[Sanctuary of St. David's Episcopal Church]
Photograph of the interior sanctuary of St. David's Episcopal Church looking towards the altar. There are large windows, a vaulted ceiling, rows of pews, and a view of the altar in the photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123993/
[Scenes from New Airport]
Photograph of the exterior of Austin's new airport and parking lot. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123856/
[St. David's Episcopal Church]
Photograph of the exterior of St. David's Episcopal Church taken from across the street at the intersection of San Jacinto and East 7th. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123987/
"Sweetheart" Pan American Invitational Softball Tournament
Photograph of Pan American Recreation Center's "Sweetheart" for their Invitational Softball Tournament with the trophies. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124636/
[Texas State Capitol]
Photograph of the Texas State Capitol building in the late 1890s or early 1900s taken from the balcony at 1006 Congress Avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124087/
Trio Los Amigos
Photograph of a trio of Mexican mariachi musicians at the Pan American Recreation Center. The mariachi wear sombreros and patterned panchos. The two mariachi on the right and left play guitarrĂ³ns while the middle mariachi plays the Mexican vihuela. The mariachi mouths are open in mid-song. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124543/
[View of Congress Avenue to Capitol]
Photograph of a view north up Congress Avenue to the Capitol building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123933/