Creator: Texas Highway Department
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation, showing concrete entry steps and Texas RTHL medallion over the front door. Two signs on the front lawn on either side of the steps read "Mansion Closed." The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1982 was Governor Bill Clements. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library