You limited your search to:
- Revised Ordinances of the City of Austin.
- This book contains the text of Austin City ordinances which were revised and adopted in 1908. Subject index begins on page 351.
- O. Henry to illustrate "Indian Depredations in Texas"
- Negative image of affidavit concerning Jossiah [sic] Willbarger employment of O. Henry to illustrate "Indian Depredations in Texas," 10 November 1932, signed by N.A. Rector
- [Copies of unsigned publishing contracts]
- Two unsigned copies of publishing contracts by two different publishing houses: H. H. McClure and Co., and Phillips Publishing Co. McClure reads: "It is understood that you will write for us a series of at least twelve sketches or articles, each from 1,500 to 2,000 words in length, and that you will let us have a copy weekly, beginning not later than November 15th, 1907. We are to pay you $300.00 each for these articles on delivery of the copy. It is also understood that you are not to do any other work for newspaper publication while the above mentioned series is being used, and that we have the option on any work you may do for newspaper publication following the said series. Your acceptance and acknowledgement of this letter will, we take it, constitute a proper agreement between us. Very sincerely yours, H. H. McClure and Co." Phillips reads: "It is our understanding that you will write for the American Magazine, six short stories for publication during 1908, and that we are to pay you for these stories at the rate of fifteen cents (15) a word. The stories are to be not more than 5,000 words each in length, the preference being for a length of 2,500 to 3,500 words. You are to deliver the first story to us by January 1st, 1908, and you are to give us the first opportunity on stories you may write for magazine publication, after November 1st, 1907, until the six stories herein arranged for have been delivered. Your acceptance and acknowledgement of this letter will, we take it, constitute a proper agreement between us. Very sincerely yours, The Phillips Publishing Co."