Description: Print of the Texas Governor's Mansion from the southeast showing the front elevation and south elevation, the grounds, and a trellis to the left of the steps. The mansion is partially obscured by young trees. A large bush sits near the walkway on the right. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant during this time in 1905 was Governor S.W.T. Lanham. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library