You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1960-1969
 Year: 1966
[Aircraft Accident]

[Aircraft Accident]

Date: July 6, 1966
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a major aircraft accident, in which an RF-4C crashed in a field.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Robert G. Williams Receiving Card]

[Robert G. Williams Receiving Card]

Date: December 1966
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Colonel Robert G. Williams, center, receiving his 200-mission club card from Colonel Herman J. Tillman, Jr., right. Another man stands to the left, and Williams holds his card in front of his chest. There are pictures and maps on the wall behind them.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[RF-4's Departing Bergstrom]

[RF-4's Departing Bergstrom]

Date: July 1, 1966
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the last two RF-4 aircraft leaving the Bergstrom Air Force Base. There is a crowd and a band in the background, and a line of three soldiers at attention in the foreground.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Bergstrom RF-4's]

[Bergstrom RF-4's]

Date: July 1, 1966
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of several RF-4 aircraft lined up at Bergstrom Air Force Base.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Watching the Last RF-4's]

[Watching the Last RF-4's]

Date: July 1, 1966
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a line of personnel watching the last two RF-4 aircraft taking off from the Bergstrom Air Force Base.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Batman premiere at Paramount Theater]

[Batman premiere at Paramount Theater]

Date: 1966
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Photograph of the premiere of the movie Batman at the Paramount Theater in Austin. A large crowd gathers to see Adam West and Burt Ward live and in person on stage in front of the theater. The crowd extends down the sidewalks on both sides of the theater. On a balcony on the right, a group of people hold a "Welcome Batman" sign. Cars drive by on the street below.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Pan American Recreation Center Library

Pan American Recreation Center Library

Date: November 1966
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of children in the stacks at the Pan Am Rec Center library. The shelves are packed with books. Two girls reach for books on shelves within reach. A third boy stands on a child's chair for reach. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Pan American Recreation Center flag football

Pan American Recreation Center flag football

Date: November 1966
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of children, aged about 10-13 play flag football at the Pan Am Recreation Center. A few boys have jerseys that say "Pan Am Aces" on the front; the rest play in plain clothes. A boy in the foreground raises a cup and looks at the camera. The boy next to him leans forward, ready to catch a pass thrown by a boy in sunglasses. Other children stand around casually. The game is not in full-play. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Pan American Recreation Center Library

Pan American Recreation Center Library

Date: November 1966
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of children reading at the Pan Am Rec Center library. Three children sit at a child's table with books covering the tabletop in front of them. Older children browse books from a shelf in the back. An adult looks on. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Pan American Tiny Tot Christmas party]

[Pan American Tiny Tot Christmas party]

Date: December 1966
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of Santa Claus visiting the children at the Pan American Recreation Center Tiny Tot Christmas party. A girl sits on Santa's lap while the rest of the children wait and watch from tables around the room. They wear paper reindeer hats and have candy canes. Christmas decorations include Santa's sleigh with three reindeer on the far wall.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT LAST