You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1900-1909
[University of Texas Old Main Building, front exterior]

[University of Texas Old Main Building, front exterior]

Date: [1904..1908]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of University of Texas Old Main Building looking north, possibly up University Avenue, toward Old Main, with Women's Building and Chemistry Building on either side of Old Main. The road is unpaved and the trees are bare.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Aerial View of Governor's Mansion]

[Aerial View of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1909
Creator: unknown
Description: Early photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation from a high vantage point across the street, showing lot in front of the mansion, grounds. The Carriage House is visible behind trees to the right of the mansion. A wooden fence is visible behind the mansion, but other fences are removed. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1909 was Governor Thomas Mitchell Campbell. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Train wreck south of Austin in 1908]

[Train wreck south of Austin in 1908]

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of of wrecked railroad train cars, with a small boy in a hat in the foreground looking at the camera. The elevated end of the locomotive and a damaged stock car are visible.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[People boarding a passenger train]

[People boarding a passenger train]

Date: 1900~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of two women wearing long dresses and large hats, two men in suits and hats, a black porter and two conductors (one black and one white) stand near a stationary train. One of the women is standing on the boarding stool at the train door and bending over; she appears to be looking for something. Above her, part of a third woman's body is visible in the door opening. There is a number written in pencil on the lower left corner of the photograph that reads "6009".
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Deserted Log Cabin]

[Deserted Log Cabin]

Date: February 22, 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of a deserted log cabin.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Fire at Texas State Hospital]

[Fire at Texas State Hospital]

Date: 1902
Creator: Peterson, B.C.
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Hospital burning. The main building was spared the fire and remains the administrative building for the Austin State Hospital to this day. The main administrative building is the third oldest public service building in the state. The State Lunatic Asylum was established in 1856 in the model of Philadelphia psychiatrist Dr. Thomas Kirkbridge. It opened with 12 patients and saw as many as 3000 at once time. The Austin State Hospital currently houses around 300 patients, most staying for about a week during treatment. It is operated by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Texas State Capitol]

[Texas State Capitol]

Date: 1904
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Capitol building taken from the southwest.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Soldiers on Horseback at Camp Mabry]

[Soldiers on Horseback at Camp Mabry]

Date: 1906
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of soldiers on horseback at Camp Mabry.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[1908 County Officials]

[1908 County Officials]

Date: 1908
Creator: unknown
Description: 1. John W. Hornsby, County Judge; 2. Tom Anderson, Commissioner Precinct 1; 3. Jack Booth, Commissioner Precinct 4; 4. Sid Nolan, Commissioner Precinct 3; 5. J. Ben Fischer, Commissioner Precinct 2; 6. Tom Davis, County Auditor; 7. Orlands Caldwell, Secretary to the Commissioners Court; 8. John Kreuz
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[1900 Flood of Austin]

[1900 Flood of Austin]

Date: 1900
Creator: Berner, George H.
Description: 500 block of East 1st Street with street rail car in the water.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library