You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Collection: Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives
[1900 Flood of Austin]
500 block of East 1st Street with street rail car in the water. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125258/
Servicemen arriving in Austin
Servicemen departing buses and walking south from Bowen Trailways Motor Coaches at 708 Brazos. Moonlight tower visible at corner of 8th and Brazos. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125282/
Austin Cotton Gin
Austin Cotton Gin was owned by W. T. Caswell and was located on the west side of Chicon St. Horse-drawn wagons with bales of cotton. Workers pose for photograph. Hand-crank loading cranes on platform. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125145/
Austin Cotton Gin
Austin Cotton Gin was owned by W. T. Caswell and was located on the west side of Chicon St. Horse-drawn wagons full of cotton. Workers pose for photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125146/
Austin Dam Flood Scene
Water raging through the inoperable Austin Dam. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125341/
Barton Springs Pool
People congregating near the diving board. Others on the grassy hill. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125201/
Busy Congress Avenue
View of Capitol along Congress Avenue. Horse & buggies line the avenue. Street rail going up Congress and across Sixth St. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125143/
[Capitol Laundry & Cleaning Co.]
Exterior of building with delivery van in driveway. 801 Barton Springs Road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125320/
[Clark Field]
Soldiers sitting in an arc for a group panoramic photo. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125290/
[Colorado River Flooding]
Looking West from the north end of the Congress Avenue bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125347/
Community Chest
Group of women and the Mayor on the back of a fire engine. Back of the photo reads, "L-R: Mrs. Alden Davis, Mrs. Jess Walker (Ina). Mayor Tom Miller at right." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125177/
Congress Avenue Bridge
Congress Avenue bridge looking northwest towards downtown from the southeast corner. Skeleton of the Scarbrough Building under construction is in view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125193/
Congress Avenue from 5th Street
A busy Congress Avenue looking north from the east side of the 500 block. People line the sidewalks while cars and buses fill the streets. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125158/
Congress Avenue looking north
Looking north from the southwest corner of the Congress Avenue bridge. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125166/
Congress Avenue looking towards Capitol
Photograph of Congress Avenue looking north from 7th St. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125150/
[Dacy Shoe Store Display]
Display of photographs of servicemen during World War II at Dacy's Shoe Store. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125374/
[Dacy Shoe Store Display]
Display of photographs of servicemen during World War II at Dacy's Shoe Store. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125373/
East Avenue looking south from 12th St. after paving project
Looking south along East Avenue (now I-35) from 12th St. after a paving project. St. Edward's University can be seen on the horizon. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125224/
[Falstaff Beer Trucks]
Beer trucks belonging to the Lightsey Carroll Company Distributors stand at the ready to deliver beer to thirsty Austinites. Featuring the Capitol in the background lends an air of legality to beer distribution, particularly considering that Prohibition had ended just five months before. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125330/
[Flood waters on Shoal Creek]
Looking south from the bend in Shoal Creek at the corner of Nueces and West 4th Street. The railroad bridge at West 3rd is in view. The back of Quality Mills can be seen slightly obscured by trees. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125339/
[Gearing Hall, Painter Hall and Lily Pond]
Looking northeast from the lily pond behind the Tower on the University of Texas campus. Gearing Hall, known then as the Home Economics building, on the left and the Painter Hall, then the Physics building, on the right, are in view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125331/
[Heep's Jersey Farm]
Man filling bottles at machine. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125356/
[Hogg Memorial Auditorium]
Looking west at the front and southside of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125332/
Looking north up Congress Avenue
Looking north up Congress Avenue from just north of the bridge. A variety of businesses and cars in view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125157/
[Magnesium Plant]
Two buildings connected by a covered conveyor belt. Future site of the Balcones Research Center, now known as the J. J. Pickle Research Campus. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125318/
Manor, Texas
Street scene of Manor, Texas with horse-drawn carts. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125175/
Manor, Texas
Street scene of Manor, Texas with horse-drawn carts. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125174/
[Mansfield Dam under construction]
Dam under construction. Caption on photo reads: "U. S. Royal Boots on Marshall Ford Dam. Brown & root-McKenzie Const. Co. Austin, TX." Construction began in 1937, and Marshall Ford Dam was renamed Mansfield Dam in 1941. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125352/
[Mansfield-Marshall Ford Dam Construction]
Group photograph of "U.S. Royal Boots on Marshall Ford Dam. Brown & Root - McKenzie Construction Co., Austin, Tex." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125353/
Moonlight Tower at 9th and Guadalupe
Workers repairing or replacing bulbs in the moonlight tower on 9th and Guadalupe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125220/
Moonlight Tower at 9th and Guadalupe
Workers repairing or replacing bulbs in the moonlight tower on 9th and Guadalupe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125219/
[Pavillion at Hyde Park]
A crowd watching four men in the lake behind the pavillion. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125263/
[School of Military Aeronautics]
Marching band at the front of a formation of students. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125283/
Scottish Granite Cutters
Group photo of men. Back of photograph reads, "Scottish granite cutters imported to cut granite at Granite Mountain." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125132/
[Seton Infirmary doctors]
Group portrait of men on steps of building. Back reads: "1923 Seton Infirmary. Top row: 1. Richardson, Dalton, 2. Watt, William Elliot, -1961, 3. Hilgartner, Henry Louis, 1868-1937, 4. Granberry, Howard B., 1870-1942, 5. Kreisle, Matthew Ferninand, 1886-1964, 6. Gilbert, Joseph M., 1873-1951. Second Row: 7. Gibson, James W., 8. Kirk, Louis Harry, 1877-1938, 9. Black, 10. Hill, Homer Barksdale, 11. Weller, Cyrus Burford, 1881-1935, 12. Gilbert, G. Horace, 1879-1945, 13. Gregg, Frank (?), Third row: 14, Loving, James M., 1879-1948, 15. Hudson, Samuel Edward, 1860-1943, 16. Mathews, Claud, 17. Thomas, John, 18. Stroberg, 19. Beverly, Albert Fitzhugh, 1884-1943, 20. Scott, Zachary Thomson, 1880-1964. Fourth Row: 21., 22. Wooten, Goodall Harrison, 23. Key, Samuel N. Sr., -1956, 24. Wooten, Joe Sil, 1871-1949, 25. Harper, W. A., 26. Wickline, Robert M., 27. Boerner, Morris Hirshfield, 1885-1932, 28. Herd, Alan" texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125338/
[Soldiers building military vehicles]
Men in an open air building assembling military vehicles at Camp Mabry. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125284/
South Congress Avenue looking north
South Congress looking north towards the Capitol. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125161/
[Southwestern Bell switchboard]
Women sitting at a large switchboard at Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125355/
St. Johns United Methodist Church
Looking east at Church building at 2140 Allandale Rd. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125188/
[Texas Ranger Captains]
Four men standing behind a seated man on a porch. Back reads: "Texas Ranger Captains. Seated: Captain Dan Roberts. Standing L to R: Captain J. A. Brooks, Adjutant General W. W. Sterling, former Ranger Captain Frank A Hamer and Captain John R. Hughes." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125300/
"The Tower" University of Texas
Looking north at the Tower from 19th Street texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125268/
[The UT Tower and Littlefield Fountain]
Looking north at the Tower on the University of Texas campus from the Littlefield Fountain with lily pads in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125322/
[Victor's Italian Village Restaurant]
Exterior of the restaurant. The restaurant, owned by Victor D. Nardecchia, was located at 409 West 23rd Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125335/
Waller Creek Bridge at Twelfth Street
Waller Creek bridge at 12th St. looking south. The creek, though running swiftly, is low. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125194/
[Governor’s Mansion]
Looking west at the entrance of the Governor's Mansion. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125321/
Street Railroad Downtown
A crowd of people in downtown Austin. Caption on photo reads, "Loading the Plain Line Street Cars at Sixth and Congress, Austin, Texas, 1:40p.m., February 7, 1940 for their last run. Being replaced by new buses on the left." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125111/
Alexander Jackson Hamilton Funeral
View of Capitol looking north. People crowded on the steps and to the east of the building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125141/
The Burning Capitol
View of the Capitol as it burns looking north from the corner of 11th and Congress. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125136/
[St. David's Hospital]
Exterior of the St. David's Hospital building at 606 W. 17th. Building is now the Rio House Apartments. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125349/
Aerial view of downtown Austin
Aerial view of downtown Austin from 2nd St. to the Capitol. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125200/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST