You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1960-1969
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[L.C. Anderson High School class of 1960]

[L.C. Anderson High School class of 1960]

Date: 1960
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Anderson High School graduating class of 1960. The school was originally named E. H. Anderson and later renamed L. C. Anderson. The school, located at 900 Thompson Street, was Austin's all-black high school for many years until students were integrated following desegregation.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Construction of the control tower at Mueller Municipal Airport in Austin, Texas]

[Construction of the control tower at Mueller Municipal Airport in Austin, Texas]

Date: 1960
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the aircraft control tower under construction at Mueller Municipal Airport. There is scaffolding around the concrete interior support structure, and board formwork is in place for pouring a flared level near the top of the tower. In front of the tower, the scalloped metal terminal roof is under construction, and there are several wooden construction shacks in foreground.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Lobby and registration desk at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel]

[Lobby and registration desk at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel]

Date: 1960~
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front desk and a portion of the lobby at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel, located at 701 Congress Avenue in Austin. The registration area is made of wood, trimmed in a darker wood, and there are rows of key or letter boxes behind the desk. A rack filled with brochures sits on the desk. A large circular chandelier with shaded lamps hangs from the recessed lobby ceiling, just in front of the registration desk. Wooden, upholstered arm chairs sit in front of square columns on either side of the chandelier.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Rosewood playground pageant, August 1960]

[Rosewood playground pageant, August 1960]

Date: August 1960
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Rosewood Playground Pageant at Rosewood Park. In this performance, two actors sit next to each other on folding chairs before a painted cityscape background. The male actor holds his arms apart and looks at the female actress as if he is showing her something. Lights are strung above the actors in the outdoor stage area. Three boys in the foreground watch the play. A woman sits at a piano on the far right.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[View of Congress Avenue to Capitol]

[View of Congress Avenue to Capitol]

Date: 1961
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a view north up Congress Avenue to the Capitol building.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Pan American Citizenship Class

Pan American Citizenship Class

Date: April 19, 1961
Creator: Recreation Dept, City of Austin
Description: Photograph of ten elderly women and three men sit around a table at the Pan American Recreation Center for a United States citizenship class. A double sink and cupboards are in the background. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion]

[Governor's Mansion]

Date: June 1961
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the front entrance of the Texas Governor's mansion.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
"Sweetheart" Pan American Invitational Softball Tournament

"Sweetheart" Pan American Invitational Softball Tournament

Date: June 1961
Creator: Recreational Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of Pan American Recreation Center's "Sweetheart" for their Invitational Softball Tournament with the trophies. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion]

[Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1962
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion, east elevation. The building is two stories, with Ionic-style columns that run the length; there is a porch on each floor and the upper porch has intact framing, though the screens have been removed. A dark downspout is visible on the north elevation. Aluminum fencing is visible behind the mansion and several young trees are on the lawn.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Texas State Capitol]

[Texas State Capitol]

Date: July 12, 1962
Creator: City of Austin
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Capitol building in the late 1890s or early 1900s taken from the balcony at 1006 Congress Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST