You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1960-1969
 Year: 1968
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[East 6th Street at Neches]

[East 6th Street at Neches]

Date: 1968
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the south side of East 6th Street taken from Neches. Humpty Dumpty Grocery at 419 East 6th is shown in the photo.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Exterior Austin High School from the corner of 12th Street and Rio Grande Street]

[Exterior Austin High School from the corner of 12th Street and Rio Grande Street]

Date: 1968
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of the Austin High School Rio Grande Campus from the corner of 12th Street and Rio Grande Street looking north. A moon tower is visible on the corner and a lamp post is visible on the far right foreground. Trees are bare indicating fall or winter.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Mrs. Mary Anne Joseph at Elisabet Ney Museum

Mrs. Mary Anne Joseph at Elisabet Ney Museum

Date: February 2, 1968
Creator: Recreation Department, City of Austin
Description: Photograph of Mrs. Mary Anne Joseph looking at a book inscription reading, "Very sincerely bride Nell Taylor, Feb 16, 1929, Elisabet Ney Museum" in front of a classic bust. In 1892, European portrait sculptor Elisabet Ney (1833-1907) purchased property in Austin at 304 East 44th Street, established a studio named Formosa, and resumed her career as a noted sculptor. Ney sculpted and collected portraits of notable Texans and Europeans. Following Ney’s death in 1907, her friends preserved the studio and its contents as the Elisabet Ney Museum and established the Texas Fine Arts Association dedicated to her memory.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Pan American Recreation Center] Tiny Tot trip to Hillcrest Farms

[Pan American Recreation Center] Tiny Tot trip to Hillcrest Farms

Date: April 15, 1968
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of children petting a calf at Hillcrest Farms on a Tiny Tot field trip hosted by Pan American Recreation Center. A boy pets the calf while a young girl feeds the calf a treat. Another boy and girl look on. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Pan American Recreation Center] Hillside Program

[Pan American Recreation Center] Hillside Program

Date: June 20, 1968
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of a band performing on a stage before a large audience seated on the lawn at the Pan American Recreation Center Hillside Program. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Austin High [School] R.O.T.C., 1968

Austin High [School] R.O.T.C., 1968

Date: August 1968
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Austin High R.O.T.C. in 1968. (This is a portion of a panoramic AR.U.006(235) Panoramic Collection; section 4 of 6). Austin High School opened in 1881 and was the first public high school in Texas. In 1968 the campus was located at 1212 Rio Grande Street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library