Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's mansion view from across Colorado Street to the northwest, looking at the front (east) and south elevations, showing unpainted brick, people sitting on the front porch, the original staircase, and the original cantilevered balcony. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1866 was Governor James W. Throckmorton. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library