Description: Photograph of Texas Governor's Mansion front and south elevation, unpainted brick, with fence and grounds. The upper balcony is not connected to the columns. Built by Abner Cook in 1855 and continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1870 is Governor Edmund J. Davis. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a National historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library