You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1960-1969
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garten

Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garten

Date: August 1965
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garten beer garden at 1607 San Jacinto.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garten

Saengerrunde Halle and Scholz Garten

Date: November 1965
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Saengerrunde Halle amd Scholz Garten beer garden at 1607 San Jacinto.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Governor's Mansion]

[Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1966
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the exterior of the Texas Governor's mansion taken from the front lawn.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Railroad tracks near Austin]

[Railroad tracks near Austin]

Date: July 22, 1966
Creator: City of Austin
Description: Photograph of International and Great Northern railroad tracks outside of Austin. On the tracks in the distance can be seen the switch, and in the far distance, the city watertower is visible. Telephone poles and brush are dominant, though some houses and fences indicating residences are visible.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Pan American Recreation Center flag football

Pan American Recreation Center flag football

Date: November 1966
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of children, aged about 10-13 play flag football at the Pan Am Recreation Center. A few boys have jerseys that say "Pan Am Aces" on the front; the rest play in plain clothes. A boy in the foreground raises a cup and looks at the camera. The boy next to him leans forward, ready to catch a pass thrown by a boy in sunglasses. Other children stand around casually. The game is not in full-play. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Pan American Recreation Center Library

Pan American Recreation Center Library

Date: November 1966
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of children in the stacks at the Pan Am Rec Center library. The shelves are packed with books. Two girls reach for books on shelves within reach. A third boy stands on a child's chair for reach. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Pan American Recreation Center Library

Pan American Recreation Center Library

Date: November 1966
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of children reading at the Pan Am Rec Center library. Three children sit at a child's table with books covering the tabletop in front of them. Older children browse books from a shelf in the back. An adult looks on. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Pan American Tiny Tot Christmas party]

[Pan American Tiny Tot Christmas party]

Date: December 1966
Creator: Recreation Dept., City of Austin
Description: Photograph of Santa Claus visiting the children at the Pan American Recreation Center Tiny Tot Christmas party. A girl sits on Santa's lap while the rest of the children wait and watch from tables around the room. They wear paper reindeer hats and have candy canes. Christmas decorations include Santa's sleigh with three reindeer on the far wall.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]

[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1967
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion front elevation and north elevation. The image shows the grounds and entry. The building has a dark downspout on this side of the building. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1967 was Governor John Connally. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[City of Austin Auditorium]

[City of Austin Auditorium]

Date: February 1967
Creator: City of Austin
Description: Photograph of the City of Austin Auditorium taken from the north side of Town Lake after a snowfall.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library