You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1880-1889
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Anderson High School students]

[Anderson High School students]

Date: [1889, 1920]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Anderson High School students lined up outside the schoolhouse which is either at Olive and Curve Streets or at Pennsylvania Street (currently Kealing Middle school). This class is composed of mostly female African American students.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Texas State Capitol]

[Texas State Capitol]

Date: 1889
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Capitol building.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Texas State Capitol]

[Texas State Capitol]

Date: May 1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Capitol building taken from the south. The words "Souvenir May 1888" appear in the bottom center of the photograph.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Exterior of Driskill Hotel]

[Exterior of Driskill Hotel]

Date: 1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a northwest view of the exterior corner of the Driskill Hotel.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Exterior of Driskill Hotel]

[Exterior of Driskill Hotel]

Date: 1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a corner view of the Driskill Hotel taken from the southeast corner of 6th Sreet and Brazos.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]

[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1888
Creator: Hillyer, H. B.
Description: Photograph of exterior front of Texas Governor's Mansion. The columns are dark, and the grounds are a bit unkempt and the windows shuttered. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1886 was Governor Lawrence Sullivan Ross. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
1887 Graduating class of Austin High School

1887 Graduating class of Austin High School

Date: 1887
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the 1887 graduating class of Austin High School. Front row (left to right): Pearl Caswell, Nannie Kelley, Florence Collins, Lucille James. Middle row (left to right): Eliza Mitchell, J. H. Bryant (professor), Minnie Sykes. Back row standing (left to right): unidentified woman, Mila Morris, Janie Maxwell, unidentified woman, Eve Sadler, Gertrude Whitis, Helen Grant, and William Gorden.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Birds Eye Map of Austin

Birds Eye Map of Austin

Date: 1887
Creator: unknown
Description: Birds eye map of Austin showing downtown, the river, and the University of Texas main building.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]

[Front exterior of Governor's Mansion]

Date: 1886
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of exterior front of Texas Governor's Mansion. The columns are dark, and the grounds are a bit unkempt and the windows shuttered. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1886 was Governor John Ireland. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[St. David's Episcopal Church exterior]

[St. David's Episcopal Church exterior]

Date: 1885/1900
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of an oblique view of the south front and west side of Saint David's Episcopal Church located at 301 East 8th Street. The gothic revival stone building has punched gothic windows, edged with stone quoins on the south facade, engaged pilasters and dormer vents. The symetrical south front has a central tower and castleated parapets. Two entrances are visible, both on the west facade: one on the south end and one on the north. There are four children standing in front of the west facade facing the camera, and what appears to be gas lamp standard at the southwest corner. The building was originally constructed in 1854. In 1870 the south addition was constructed, and the south tower was completed in 1885.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 NEXT LAST