You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Governor's Mansion from the grounds]

[Governor's Mansion from the grounds]

Date: 1929
Creator: Boone Photo
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion looking southeast from northwest side of the mansion on the grounds. Trees and a stone birdbath are visible in front of and partially obscure the mansion from view. A sprinkler is on and watering the lawn on the right side of the mansion. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1929 was Governor Dan Moody. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Old Red Campus building, John T. Allan Campus of Stephen F. Austin High School]

[Old Red Campus building, John T. Allan Campus of Stephen F. Austin High School]

Date: 1929/1930
Creator: Jordan-Ellison Photo Company
Description: Photograph of Old Red Campus building, at the John T. Allan Campus of Stephen F. Austin High School, showing an oblique view of the front and side of the classical four-story building. The exterior walls of the first floor are constructed of stone and the upper three floors are dark brick. The front is symetrically arranged in three parts, with the central part inset from the outer parts. Porches stretch across the central part of the first and second floors, and a gable is centered above on the roof. There are punched windows on the upper floors of the front facade, while windows are ganged on the side facade. A portion of the facade, near the back of the building, has a curved wall. There is a three-story brick addition to the side of the building, and there are chute style fire escapes on both the main building and the addition. A parking lot lies to the front of the building, with several circa 1920s cars. A boy wearing knickers stands in the parking lot. The building was completed in 1900 from the plans of Burt McDonald and James Reily, and featured a domed rotunda. It was used as Austin ...
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Seaholm Power Plant]

[Seaholm Power Plant]

Date: 1929/1951
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of Seaholm Power Plant. A dirt road and power lines are in the foreground and there are buildings in the background with two smoke stacks. One of the smoke stacks reads "Austin The Friendly City".
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Seaholm Power Plant boiler room construction]

[Seaholm Power Plant boiler room construction]

Date: [1929,1951]
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of ongoing construction of the Seaholm Power Plant boiler room building. Other established plant buildings and the water tower can be seen behind the boiler building on the right. Various debris including wood, metal pipes, and a work shed surround the new building. The Seaholm Power Plant, located at 800 West 1st Street (later renamed Cesar Chavez Street), began construction in the 1930s and was eventually demolished in the 1960s.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Seaholm Power Plant rear view]

[Seaholm Power Plant rear view]

Date: [1929,1951]
Creator: Boone Photo
Description: Photograph of the rear view of the Seaholm Power Plant. The river can be seen on the right with the capitol building in the background. The Seaholm Power Plant was constructed in the 1930s and was eventually demolished in the 1960s.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Train bearing Emilio Carranza's body in Austin July 21, 1928

Train bearing Emilio Carranza's body in Austin July 21, 1928

Date: July 21, 1928
Creator: Boone's Photo Company
Description: Photograph of a train bearing Emilio Carranza's body as it stops in Austin on its way back to Mexico. From verso: "Emilio Carranza was a famous Mexican 'Ace' who was killed in an accident in New Jersey just after he had taken off for Mexico City where his bride of four months awaited him. His father Sebastian Carranza accompanied the body. At various stops along the way from New York to Mexico, recognition was given the flying ace. In Austin members of state and city governments met the train as well as members of the Chamber of Commerce: Max Bickler, J.A. Nichols, A.D. Bolm, Sam Sparks, Horace Barnhart, John D. Miller, James W. Bass, Lynn Hunter, A.D. Boone, Walter Murray, Martin Andersen, Walter Seaholm, R. Niles Graham, H.H. Luedecke, J. W. Ezelle, and Walter E. Long."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Guadalupe Street

Guadalupe Street

Date: April 17, 1927
Creator: Boone
Description: Photograph of Guadalupe Street taken from the west approximately where the present-day "The Drag" is located. A street car is in motion along the street. Texas Bookstore, University Co-Op and Roach Brothers pharmacy are on the west side of Guadalupe Street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Texas State Capitol]

[Texas State Capitol]

Date: 1926
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the Texas State Capitol building taken from the south.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Boys' woodworking class at John T. Allan Junior High School]

[Boys' woodworking class at John T. Allan Junior High School]

Date: 1925/1930
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of a boys' woodworking class at the Old Red Campus building of the John T. Allan Junior High School, formerly Stephen F. Austin High School. The room is crowded with work stations, where the boys are engaged in making various projects such as wooden stools and picture frames. The rounded masonry wall has arched windows, covered by translucent roller shades for indirect light. There are frames mounted between the windows displaying various tools and examples of metal work. The exposed wood truss ceiling has several belts and pulleys mounted on it. Examples of finished wooden stools stand on a wooden file case to the left in the photograph. Pictured are: Rufus Watterson, Malcolm Williams, Willie Earnest, Durwell Johnson, Sid Colquitt, Vincent Murray, Windom Burke, Louis Blenderman, Ernest Von Rosenberg, Harry Hafer, Henry Murray, Homer Wedig, ____ Yates, Francis Patton, Henry Paggi, ____ Brady. The teacher is Mr. N. S. Hunsdon. The building was completed in 1900 from the plans of Burt McDonald and James Reily. It was used as Austin High School until 1925, when it became the John T. Allan Junior High School. Classes were held here until 1956, when the school was destroyed by fire. A State ...
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Deep Eddy Bathing Beach

Deep Eddy Bathing Beach

Date: 1925
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of panoramic view of Deep Eddy Bathing Beach.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library