You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Adams Extract Company]
Photograph of a man working with equipment at the Adams Extract Company. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124048/
[Aerial View of Austin, TX]
Photograph of an aerial view of Austin, TX taken from south of the Colorado River looking up Congress Avenue towards the Texas State Capitol Building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124699/
[Aerial View of Austin, TX]
Photograph of an aerial view of Austin, TX looking directly west from the Capitol dome. The photograph is of Block 135, which includes, Dr. Hayne's house, built by Abner Cook. Dr. Hayne's house was later Abner Cook's home and later the Quality Shops after it was moved to the front of the lot in the center of the block. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123895/
[Aerial View of Austin, TX]
Photograph of an aerial view of Austin, TX north of the Colorado River looking southwest. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123897/
[Aerial View of Austin, TX]
Photograph of an aerial view of Austin, TX taken from north of E. 15th Street. There are markers on the photograph indicating E. 15th ST., E. 11th ST., E. 8th ST., E. 7th ST., E. 4th ST., an the Colorado River. US-81 (present-day IH-35) can be seen running north and south through the left side of the photograph and the Capitol Building can be seen on the right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123913/
[Aerial View of Austin, TX]
Photograph of an aerial view of Austin, TX. The "Power House" or Boiler House is for construction of new Capitol building that began in 1881. A Swedish or German Lutheran church is in the foreground. The building in the distance, left of the Power House stack is the old City Hospital. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123896/
[Aerial View of Deep Eddy]
Photograph of an aerial view of Deep Eddy pool and surrounding area. The pool is dried out and the trees are bare indicating winter. There are no visible people or activity near the pool. Deep Eddy began as a natural swimming hole in the Colorado River and was expanded into a man-made swimming pool in 1915 by A.J. Eilers, Sr. Deep Eddy pool is the oldest swimming pool in Texas and is operated and maintained by the City of Austin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123861/
[Aerial View of the Texas State Capitol Building]
Photograph of an aerial view of the Texas State Capitol building and surrounding area. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123905/
[Aerial View of Zilker Park]
Photograph of an aerial view of Zilker Park looking north. Shows the area of Barton Springs with Lady Bird Lake in the background texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123879/
Airplane view of vicinity of Waller Creek and East First Street
Photograph of Airplane view of vicinity of Waller Creek and East 1st Street. East 1st Street is visible diagonally down the center of the image from top to bottom, while Waller Creek cuts through the image from left to right. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124579/
[Alfonso Ramos Band plays for a wedding reception at the San Jose Community Center]
Photograph of the Alfonso Ramos Band playing at the San Jose Community Center in the Montopolis neighborhood of Austin. The band includes saxophone, drums, bongo drum, trombone, and trumpet. A man in tan suit is singing or talking into the microphone as other band members talk or wait. Five little girls, some wearing white dresses, and two little boys sit on the edge of the stage and watch the dancers. Women, wearing foral bridesmaid dresses, dance with men in suits. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125005/
[Altar of St. David's Episcopal Church]
Photograph of the altar of the St. David's Episcopal church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123997/
[Arc welder at Weigl Iron Works]
Photograph of a member of the Weigl family using an arc welder on a project. The Weigl Iron Works was founded in 1922 by German immigrant and founder Fortunat Weigl. In 1935 Weigl moved his foundry from its Exposition Boulevard location to 100 Red River location where it remained for several decades. He was joined in business by his sons Lee and Herbert who continued to operate after Fortunat's death in 1973 until their retirement in 1977. In 1978, the location was reopened as Iron Works BBQ in honor of the history at that location. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124359/
Arts and crafts classes at Pan American Recreation Center
Photograph of children painting papier mache elephants at the Pan American Recreation Center at an arts & crafts class. Two elephants sit on the table, nearly done. An open jar of paint and several towels sit on the table top. Two boys and three girls surround the table. The Pan American Recreation Center was opened in June 1942 as the first Latin American Recreation Center in Austin and run under the auspices of the Federated Latin American Club and directed by the Austin Recreation Department. The name "Pan American Recreation Center" was chosen by the executive committee during a center naming contest. On September 7, 1956, a new Pan American Recreation Center was formally dedicated at 2100 East 3rd Street, just west of the old location and where it currently exists today. The building adjoins Zavala School and was built at a cost of $155,261. The Hillside Theater was later built and completed in June 1958. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124627/
Austin About 1839 or 1841.
Photograph of a print in the book "Austin Yesterday and Today". The Daughters of the Republic of Texas own the original artwork. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123885/
[Austin City Plan, 1840]
Photograph of an illustration by Edward Hall of a city plan for the Texas Government buildings in Austin. Architectural renderings of buildings can be found on the top half of the illustration. Handwritten on the photograph is a list of buildings that are seen in the plan including: the President's House, Capitol Hill and Bullock's Tavern. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123887/
[Austin Dam Broken after Flood]
Photograph of a view southwest at the Austin Dam on the Colorado River after breaking during a flood. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124012/
[Austin park rangers]
Photograph of city of Austin park rangers. Front row (seated) left to right: G. Edward, D. Youngblood, R. Hotte, M. Mullinix. Back Row (standing) left to right: J. McCowin, B. Wright, L. Manley, (unidentified), G. Hooks, and (unidentified). texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124816/
[Austin, TX]
Photograph of Austin, TX taken from the southeast. US-81 and the Holly St. exit ramp sign are in the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123912/
Avoid this in fareway No. 2
Photograph of a man standing to show how deep the sand trap is on fareway number two at Austin Municipal Golf Course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125032/
[Back view of Blackshear Elementary School, located at 1712 East 11th Street]
Photograph of the back of Blackshear Elementary School, which is located at 1712 East 11th Street and backs onto Lawson Lane and was constructed in 1936. A two story brick building with a flat roof, the school was named for Edward Lavernia Blackshear, a former administrative supervisor of Austin's African-American schools. The building is symetrically designed, with groups of windows on the first and second floors. In the lower right corner of the image, hands hold a chalk board sign that reads, "2-14 5-BLACKSHEAR". There is a wood frame buidling in the background with a 7-Up sign over the entrance. A street sign in the foreground reads Lawson Lane and what appears to be Botson Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125086/
[Barton Springs]
Photograph of a crowd of ladies watching two men with large pots on the steps of Barton Springs. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123866/
[Barton Springs]
Photograph of Barton Springs. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123877/
Barton Springs during the First World War
Photograph of men and women in bathing suits at Barton Springs during World War I. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123876/
[Bathers at Barton Springs pool]
Photograph of a large group of bathers in and around the waters of Barton Springs pool. The diving platform is on the right bank. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124566/
[Big Foot Wallace's Headstone at State Cemetery]
Photograph of the State Cemetery. Big Foot Wallace's headstone is in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123981/
[Bouquet toss with bridesmaids and female guests at a wedding at the San Jose Community Center in the Montopolis neighborhood]
Photograph of a group of women, some with outstretched ars, waiting to catch the bouquet thrown by the bride at a wedding at the San Jose Community Center in the Montopolis neighborhood. Some women wear long flowered bridesmaid dresses, three women are dressed in white dresses of a similar design, one wedding guest wears a black jacket trimmed with faux fur, and another guest wears a black checked top and red checked pants. Two little boys stand to the right, looking on. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125008/
[Bridesmaid and groomsman at wedding reception at the San Jose Community Center, about to kiss]
Photograph of a Hispanic bridesmaid and groomsman at a wedding at the San Jose Community Center in Montopolis. The couple is seated at a table, apparently about to kiss. The bridesmaid is wearing a flowered dress. The groomsman is wearing a tuxedo with a ruffled shirt and a boutonniere tied with a pink ribbon on his lapel. A woman's hand rests on his right forearm at the left of the photograph. A longneck beer bottle and paper cup sit on the table in front of the couple. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125010/
[Bridesmaids, groomsman, and other wedding guests seated at wedding reception at the San Jose Community Center in the Montopolis neighborhood]
Photograph of three bridesmaids wearing flowered dresses and short veils and a groomsman with shoulder-length hair, a moustache, and wearing a black tuxedo with a ruffled shirt, along with other wedding guests seated at wedding reception at the San Jose Community Center in the Montopolis neighborhood of Austin. They sit with other wedding guests around a long, rectangular table. Several disposible paper cups sit on the tablecloth. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125007/
[Building at Austin Memorial Park Cemetery]
Photograph of the exterior of a building at the Austin Memorial Park Cemetery. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123980/
[Bullock's Hotel]
Photograph of the Bullock's Hotel on the corner of Congress Avenue and 6th Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124480/
[L.C. Anderson High School football field]
Photograph of the L.C. Anderson High School football field. Workers are visible at the tops of each light pole on the far side of the field. The photograph was taken during the erection of the lights at the field. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124564/
[Central Fire Station]
Photograph of the exterior of the Central Fire Station #1 at 401 East 5th Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124041/
[Chef Jean-Pierre]
Photograph of Chef Jean-Pierre standing with anoher man in a kitchen. He is placing food onto a plate. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124033/
[Children at Barton Springs Pool]
Photograph of older children and young people splashing in the water and siting in the shallow waters of Barton Springs pool. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124417/
[Children playing at Wooldridge Park]
Photograph of children playing at Wooldridge Park. Wooldridge Park gazebo is in the center of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123864/
[Choir Singing at St. David's Episcopal Church]
Photograph of the choir singing and standing around the altar of St. David's Episcopal Church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123994/
Christie's Seafood, Steaks and Cocktails
Photograph of a view of the rear of Christie's Restaurant from the water. A Christie's boat is docked on the water behind the restaurant. Christie's was located at Town Lake at 1st St. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124265/
[Circus Camels]
Photograph of circus camels on parade. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123978/
[City of Austin Sanitation Division]
Photograph of the City of Austin Sanitation Division truck and workers collecting garbage. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123931/
Cleaning Barton Springs
Photograph of two donkeys pulling a man in a cart through the shallow water at Barton Springs pool. From the Walter Long Collection. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124529/
[Congress Avenue]
Photograph of Congress Avenue taken from the south looking towards the Capitol Building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124056/
[Congress Avenue]
Photograph of pre-1875 Congress Avenue taken from the southwest side of the avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123954/
[Congress Avenue]
Photograph of pre-1875 Congress Avenue taken from the southwest looking towards the Capitol Building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123955/
[Congress Avenue]
Photograph of a bustling Congress Avenue taken from the south looking towards the Capitol Builing. People are walking or riding on horse and carriage. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123957/
[Congress Avenue and the Capitol Building]
Photograph of Congress Avenue taken from the south looking towards the Capitol Building. Horse carriage tracks line the avenue. Patterson Wagon Yard is on the west side of the avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123962/
[Congress Avenue Before 1875]
Photograph of a view looking down Congress Avenue, taken before 1875. There are builidngs and horse drawn buggies lining the street. The Capitol (1853-1881) building is in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123956/
[Construction Model of the Municipal Airport]
Photograph of a construction model of the Austin Municipal Airport. The scene includes model cars, airplanes, airport and tarmac. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124013/
[Construction of 35th Street Mopac Overpass]
Photograph of an aerial view of the construction of the 35th Street/Mopac overpass. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123949/
[Construction of the Capitol Building]
Photograph of the Capitol building being constructed. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124022/