You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Collection: Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives
July 4th parade
The Hibernian Association made up of male musicians and a group of women in the same white dress parade up Congress Avenue towards the ice cream garden of Messrs. Rosenfield and Co. Other citizens watch from the sides while traffic of horses and buggies wait in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125199/
Texas State Capitol
Texas State Capitol grounds looking north from 11th St. Roads are unpaved and there is a group of girls under trees and a woman with a horse in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125196/
Congress Avenue Bridge
Congress Avenue bridge looking northwest towards downtown from the southeast corner. Skeleton of the Scarbrough Building under construction is in view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125193/
[Rooftop Terrace of the Stephen F. Austin Hotel]
Group photo of people sitting at long tables. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125272/
[Elisabet Ney Museum]
Exterior of the Elisabet Ney Museum, or Formosa as it was called at the time this photo was taken. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125271/
[L. C. Anderson High School]
Exterior of L. C. Anderson High School at 1601 Pennsylvania Avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125277/
[Elisabet Ney Museum]
Interior of the Museum. Inside the sculptor's studio. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125270/
[McCallum High School]
Photograph of the front entrance of the high school. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125278/
[Metz Elementary School]
Exterior of Metz Elementary at 2101 Willow. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125274/
[Austin Memorial Park Cemetery]
Entrance to Memorial Park Cemetery texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125279/
[Austin High School]
Entrance to Austin High School at 1201 Rio Grande Street texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125276/
[Waller Creek at 6th Street]
Waller Creek looking at the 6th Street bridge from 5th Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125273/
Texas School for the Deaf drawing
Drawing of the Texas School for the Deaf, referred to in the drawing as the "Deaf and Dumb Institution." It was established as the "Texas Deaf and Dumb Asylum" in 1856 and renamed the "Texas School for the Deaf" in 1949. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125153/
Sixth Street looking west
Looking west along 6th St. from the top of the Scarborough Building at 6th and Congress Avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125215/
Barton Springs Pool
View of the pool from the south bank. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125212/
Barton Springs Pool
Looking northwest out over the pool with diving board in view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125211/
Barton Springs Pool
Couples and other young people on the grassy hill on the south bank of the pool. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125217/
Steam shovel in Barton Springs
View of construction of the pool at Barton Springs. A steam shovel and construction equipment. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125210/
Congress Avenue with street rail
Looking north towards Capitol at about the 500 block of Congress Avenue. A family in the foreground is either getting off or getting on a street rail car. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125218/
Barton Springs Pool
View of the pool from the north bank looking west toward the diving board. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125214/
Moonlight Tower at 9th and Guadalupe
Workers repairing or replacing bulbs in the moonlight tower on 9th and Guadalupe. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125219/
Congress Avenue with street rail
Looking north towards Capitol at about the 500 block of Congress Avenue. A family in the foreground is either getting off or getting on a street rail car. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125216/
[Senate Chambers]
Image of the Senate Chambers from the back of the room at the State Capitol. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125315/
[Travis County Commisioner's Court]
The Commissioner's Court inside the Travis County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125312/
[Tax Collector's Office]
The Tax Collector's office inside the Travis County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125311/
[South Congress Avenue looking north]
Looking north from the about the 1100 block of South Congress. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125317/
Travis County Courthouse
Exterior of the Courthouse with cars parked in the parking lot. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125310/
[Magnesium Plant]
Two buildings connected by a covered conveyor belt. Future site of the Balcones Research Center, now known as the J. J. Pickle Research Campus. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125318/
[Travis County Courthouse Courtroom]
Courtroom inside the Travis County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125314/
[Wooldridge Square Park]
Dedication of the bandstand at Wooldrige Square Park. Crowds of people gathered around the bandstand, dressed in formal wear. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125319/
[South Congress Avenue looking north]
Looking north from the about the 1100 block of South Congress. State Capitol is in view. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125316/
Travis County Clerk's Office
County Clerk's office inside the Travis County Courthouse. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125313/
[Texas State Capitol with snow]
Exterior of the Capitol building looking north with snow on the ground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125325/
[The UT Tower and Littlefield Fountain]
Looking north at the Tower on the University of Texas campus from the Littlefield Fountain with lily pads in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125322/
[Governor’s Mansion]
Looking west at the entrance of the Governor's Mansion. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125321/
[Corner of South Congress and Riverside]
Looking northwest at the corner of South Congress Avenue and Riverside Drive. Gulf Service Station visible. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125327/
[Capitol Laundry & Cleaning Co.]
Exterior of building with delivery van in driveway. 801 Barton Springs Road. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125320/
[Hall Level Works]
Four women making levels in a workshop. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125328/
[Capitol Greenhouse]
Exterior of a greenhouse building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125324/
[University of Texas Old Main Building]
Back of photograph reads: "University of Texas. This view shows the west wing of the present main building taken from about where Sutton Hall now stands. The erection of this was started in the fall of 1883 and finished in the summer of 1884. The University of Texas opened Sept. 1883 in the temporary Capitol building and moved to the west wing in the fall of 1884. Copy of old photograph." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125329/
[Capitol Grounds]
Looking northwest at the Capitol dome from a pond on the grounds. Pond is no longer present, but noted by a marker on the grounds. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125326/
[Texas State Capitol]
Looking north at the Capitol buidling from the roof of a building, possibly the Littlefield buidling at 6th and Congress. The photo shows the Travis County Courthouse in a state of disrepair at the corner of 11th and Congress. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125323/
East Avenue
East Avenue below 3rd St. before the street was paved. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125185/
Nineteenth Street looking east
Nineteenth Street looking east after street paving. Waller Creek bridge in view. Photo reads, "Asutin Street Paving, Soutwest Bitulithic Co., Contractor, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125182/
Armistice parade down Congress
Crowds on both sides of Congress as the American Legion section of the parade passes. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125181/
Austin City Hall
Looking northeast at the Austin City Hall building at the northeast corner of Colorado and 8th St. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125187/
Travis County Courthouse
Looking east at the Travis County Courthouse on 11th St. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125180/
St. Johns United Methodist Church
Looking east at Church building at 2140 Allandale Rd. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125188/
East First Street
East First Street looking west. Photo reads, "Austin Paving, L. E. Whitham and Co., Contractors, H. R. F. Helland, Consulting Engineer." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125184/
Temple Beth Israel
Looking northeast at the entrance of the Temple at 1101 San Jacinto Blvd. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth125189/
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST