Description: Back of photograph reads: "University of Texas. This view shows the west wing of the present main building taken from about where Sutton Hall now stands. The erection of this was started in the fall of 1883 and finished in the summer of 1884. The University of Texas opened Sept. 1883 in the temporary Capitol building and moved to the west wing in the fall of 1884. Copy of old photograph."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library