You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Decade: 1880-1889
 Collection: Chalberg Collection of Prints and Negatives
Downtown Austin

Downtown Austin

Date: 1882/1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of downtown Austin with Capitol under construction. Caption reads, "Birdseye view of Austin, Texas taken from School for Deaf showing the Capitol Bldg under construction. Note that west wing of main bldg of University was only partly built at that time."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Capitol Dedication

Capitol Dedication

Date: 1888-05-14/1888-05-19
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Description: Parade south down Congress Avenue from the Capitol. Caption reads: "Chichasaw Guard from Murpheesburo, Tenn."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Scottish Granite Cutters

Scottish Granite Cutters

Date: 1881/1888
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Description: Group photo of men. Back of photograph reads, "Scottish granite cutters imported to cut granite at Granite Mountain."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
The Burning Capitol

The Burning Capitol

Date: November 7, 1881
Creator: Hillyer, H. B.
Description: View of the Capitol as it burns looking north from the corner of 11th and Congress.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Capitol under construction

Capitol under construction

Date: 1881/1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the construction site for the current Capitol building, constructed 1881-1888. View is from the Travis County Courthouse located on 11th Street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Manor, Texas

Manor, Texas

Date: 1889
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Description: Street scene of Manor, Texas with horse-drawn carts.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Manor, Texas

Manor, Texas

Date: 1889
Creator: Ellison Photo Co.
Description: Street scene of Manor, Texas with horse-drawn carts.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Goddess of Liberty with Workers

Goddess of Liberty with Workers

Date: February 1888
Creator: unknown
Description: Capitol construction crews surrounding the Goddess of Liberty statue that was later placed on top of the Capitol dome. Right side, back row, fifth from right with mustache is identified as Hans Falkenberg. This original iteration of the Goddess was taken down during restoration of the Capitol in 1985, restored and eventually put on display at the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library