You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[L.C. Anderson High School football field]
Photograph of the L.C. Anderson High School football field. Workers are visible at the tops of each light pole on the far side of the field. The photograph was taken during the erection of the lights at the field. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124564/
Camp Mabry
Photograph of a building at Camp Mabry with cars and trucks parked outside. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123974/
Capitol Grounds - Austin, Texas
Photograph of the Capitol Grounds in Austin, Texas. The photograph is on the front of a postcard written to Joe Harrell in Kingsland, Texas from Bob. The correspondene on the postcard reads, "It is he_ _ to have to go back to work after having such a fun easy time. Regards to All. Bob." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124109/
[Central Fire Station]
Photograph of the exterior of the Central Fire Station #1 at 401 East 5th Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124041/
[Chef Jean-Pierre]
Photograph of Chef Jean-Pierre standing with anoher man in a kitchen. He is placing food onto a plate. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124033/
Child takes a wild ride at Zilker Playscape
Photograph of a child sliding down a tube slide at Zilker Park. His hands are in the air while his mother leans over to support his exit. She carries a camera in her right hand. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124279/
[Children around USN sand sculpture at Sandcraft]
Photograph of a group of children around a sandbox with a sand sculpture of an anchor and the initials U.S.N. (United States Navy) imprinted over it at Sandcraft Park. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124747/
[Children at Barton Springs Pool]
Photograph of older children and young people splashing in the water and siting in the shallow waters of Barton Springs pool. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124417/
[Children playing at Wooldridge Park]
Photograph of children playing at Wooldridge Park. Wooldridge Park gazebo is in the center of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123864/
[Children swimming at Rosewood Park]
Photograph of a group of African-American children swimming and splashing at the Rosewood Park for Negroes swimming pool. Extensive use of swimming pool and facilities demonstrates success of this recreation center. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124743/
[Children's washtub band at Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farm]
Photograph of a washtub band consisting of at least nine young adults performing in a barn at Pioneer Farms. They wear homemade t-shirts that read "I'm a Singing Spark." Instruments consist of: three guitars, guitarron, banjo, washtub bass, and at least one tambourine. In 1852, Frederick and Harriet B. Jourdan settled on the site near Walnut Creek with their children. In 1956, grandchildren Laura and Eugene Giles, donated the core of their grandparents' property to the Heritage Society of Austin, in order to preserve the pioneer experience. The site and its museum operated under the auspices of the Austin Natural Science Association and later by the Parks and Recreation Department of the city of Austin until it was transferred back to the Heritage Society of Austin in 2003. Jourdan-Bachman Pioneer Farms operates multiple sites today. Pioneer Farms is a member of the American Association of Museums, the Association of Living History Farms and Museums, the American Association for State and Local History, the Texas Association of Museums and the Austin Museum Partnership.Pioneer Farms is a registered Austin Historic Landmark and a designated Heritage Tourism Destination Site. Our Pioneer School is community-education partner with the Austin Community College. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124772/
[Choir Singing at St. David's Episcopal Church]
Photograph of the choir singing and standing around the altar of St. David's Episcopal Church. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123994/
Christie's Seafood, Steaks and Cocktails
Photograph of a view of the rear of Christie's Restaurant from the water. A Christie's boat is docked on the water behind the restaurant. Christie's was located at Town Lake at 1st St. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124265/
[Circus Camels]
Photograph of circus camels on parade. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123978/
[City of Austin Auditorium]
Photograph of the City of Austin Auditorium taken from the north side of Town Lake after a snowfall. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123857/
[City of Austin Sanitation Division]
Photograph of the City of Austin Sanitation Division truck and workers collecting garbage. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123931/
[City of Austin takes Municipal Golf Course deed]
Photograph of Guiton Morgan, City Manager, (at left) accepting deed from John H. Tobin of Austin Lions Club. Tobin was club president 1919-1920. The city of Austin took over the Municipal Golf Course on April 1, 1937. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124585/
Cleaning Barton Springs
Photograph of two donkeys pulling a man in a cart through the shallow water at Barton Springs pool. From the Walter Long Collection. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124529/
Club house at Municipal Golf Course [in snow]
Photograph of Austin Municipal Golf Course Club House entrance covered in snow. Wooden chairs and a bench sit on the concrete patio to the left of the double screen door entrance. Two large bushes flank the walkway. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124593/
Club House at the Golf Course
Photograph of the Austin Municipal Golf Course club house and surrounding landscape. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124618/
[Colorado River Flood]
Photograph of the Colorado River flood in June, 1935. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124018/
[Colorado River Flood]
Photograph of the 1935 Texas flood of the Colorado River. The photograph was taken of Congress Avenue from the south. The Capitol building can be seen in the background of the photograph. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124019/
[Congress Avenue]
Photograph of Congress Avenue taken from the south looking towards the Capitol Building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124056/
[Congress Avenue]
Photograph of pre-1875 Congress Avenue taken from the southwest side of the avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123954/
[Congress Avenue]
Photograph of pre-1875 Congress Avenue taken from the southwest looking towards the Capitol Building. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123955/
[Congress Avenue]
Photograph of a bustling Congress Avenue taken from the south looking towards the Capitol Builing. People are walking or riding on horse and carriage. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123957/
[Congress Avenue and the Capitol Building]
Photograph of Congress Avenue taken from the south looking towards the Capitol Building. Horse carriage tracks line the avenue. Patterson Wagon Yard is on the west side of the avenue. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123962/
[Congress Avenue Before 1875]
Photograph of a view looking down Congress Avenue, taken before 1875. There are builidngs and horse drawn buggies lining the street. The Capitol (1853-1881) building is in the background. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123956/
[Congress Avenue Flooded by Colorado River]
Photograph of Congress Avenue flooded by the Colorado River. Note on photo reads: "Looking northwest from So. Congress Sept. 28, 1936." texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124020/
[Congress Avenue with Capitol in snow]
Photograph of Congress Avenue covered in snow with a veiw of the capitol building. The street is slushy with dirty snow that hasn't been plowed, and cars parked along the side of the streets are covered in snow. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124233/
[Construction Model of the Municipal Airport]
Photograph of a construction model of the Austin Municipal Airport. The scene includes model cars, airplanes, airport and tarmac. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124013/
[Construction of 35th Street Mopac Overpass]
Photograph of an aerial view of the construction of the 35th Street/Mopac overpass. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123949/
[Construction of] Municipal Golf Course tool house
Photograph of construction of the Austin Municipal Golf Course tool house, made of white bricks. Scaffolding circles the walls, and the support for the roof is visible. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and then donated to the city in 1936, has served its citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124621/
[Construction of the Capitol Building]
Photograph of the Capitol building being constructed. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124022/
[Construction of the control tower at Mueller Municipal Airport in Austin, Texas]
Photograph of the aircraft control tower under construction at Mueller Municipal Airport. There is scaffolding around the concrete interior support structure, and board formwork is in place for pouring a flared level near the top of the tower. In front of the tower, the scalloped metal terminal roof is under construction, and there are several wooden construction shacks in foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124068/
[Construction of the Municipal Golf Course tool house]
Photograph of construction workers work on building the tool house at the Austin Municipal Golf Course. A ladder leans on a scaffolding leading to the roof. The municipal Golf Course, constructed originally by the Lions Club in 1928 at 2901 Enfield Road and donated to the city in 1936, has served it's citizens since 1934 and has long been Austin's most popular course. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124623/
[Construction of the Rosewood Recreation Center, now Doris Miller Auditorium, in Rosewood Park]
Photograph of construction of the Negro Recreation Building in Rosewood Park. Three men stand on the back of a 1930s flat bed truck, as they use a crane mounted on the truck to lift half of a laminated wooden semi-circular arched truss into place. Two of the trusses are already completed in the background. The scaffolding used to support workers joining the trusses at their centers stands to the back of the truck. The trusses are joined by cross members, and the half truss erected to the left in the photograph is supported by a post, awaiting the other half of the truss. Two wooden saw horses and several stacks of bags of cement(?) are on the ground under and near the trusses. This photograph appeared in the 1944 Annual Report of the Austin Recreation Department, on page 48, labeled "New Gymnasium - Auditorium at Rosewood". texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124741/
[Copy of Photograph of 1919 Texas State Capitol]
Copy of a photograph loaned by Mrs. Gill Paggi of the Texas State Capitol. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124085/
[Cotton Gin]
Photograph of a cotton gin near Austin. In front of the cotton gin are men with horse drawn carts full of cotton. There is another man standing near a cotton bale in the foreground. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124035/
[The Cotton Gin at Manchaca]
Photograph of workers posing at the cotton gin in Manchaca, Travis County, Texas. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124001/
[Couples in State Lunatic Asylum Park]
Photograph of two couples at the State Lunatic Asylum Park. "Mary" and "C.H.W." are in seated in the foreground. The names of the couple on the bridge are unknown. The hospital opened in 1856, is operated by the Texas Department of State Health Services, and changed its name in 1925. It is the oldest psychiatric hospital in the state of Texas and the third oldest standing public building in the state. It opened with 12 patients and saw as many as 3000 at once time. The Austin State Hospital currently houses around 300 patients, most staying for about a week during treatment. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124157/
Court-House crowd [Group of Travis County officials standing on the steps of a stone building]
Photograph of a group of men wearing suits standing on the steps of what may be either the Travis County Courthouse or the Travis County Jail. The identified men, including Judge George Calhoun, District Clerk James P. Hart, and Deputy Sheriff Fred Peck, are all Travis County officials, but most of the group are unidentified. One of the the men is African American, and he appears to be the only person not wearing a suit coat. Several of the men are wearing ties -- including bow ties, string ties and neck ties -- and several are wearing vests and have watch chains. The building behind them is made of stone blocks, with rusticated blocks below and ashlar blocks above. There is a door in the center of the photograph, behind the men, and it is flanked by two double-hung sash windows. Inscribed below the image in ink is "Court-House crowd", and the identifications are written in either ink or pencil with arrows pointing to the identified person. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124161/
[Crowd watches a concert on the hillside at Zilker Hillside Theater]
Photograph of a crowd of people watching a concert at Zilker Hillside Theater in Austin. The people are seated on the grassy hillside. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124280/
Damned up Creek between East Avenue and Red River Street
Photograph of a damned up creek between East Avenue and Red River Street. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123934/
[Dan Davidson and Jack Robinson]
Photograph of (left to right): Dan Davidson, Austin City Manager, shaking the hand of Jack Robinson, Director of Austin Parks and Recreation Department (facing) in an office. Architectural plans lean against the wall behind manager Davidson. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124807/
Deep Eddy, Austin Tex
Photograph of spectators and swimmers at Deep Eddy Bathing Beach. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123863/
Deep Eddy Bathing Beach
Photograph of panoramic view of Deep Eddy Bathing Beach. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth123862/
[DeLeon children slide at Zilker Park]
Photograph of Jesse DeLeon holding on to a play structure while brother and sister (Michael and Angie) wait behind him, getting ready to go down the slide at Zilker Park. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124304/
[Delta Sigma Theta members receive certificate]
Photograph of three women of the African-American sorority Delta Sigma Theta accept a certificate from the Travis County Historical Survey Commission on behalf of the Rosewood Recreation Association. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124746/
[Deserted Log Cabin]
Photograph of the exterior of a deserted log cabin. texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth124046/