You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
 Collection: Austin History Center General Collection Photographs
[Improvements at Barton Springs]

[Improvements at Barton Springs]

Date: 19uu
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of workers digging a trench and laying boards near the Barton Springs bank to improve the park.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Inmate at Travis County Jail]

[Inmate at Travis County Jail]

Date: 1975
Creator: Fluitt, Mike
Description: Photograph of an African-American man in handcuffs being led through door by a guard at the Travis County Jail in Austin.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Interior of Barr's General Store]

[Interior of Barr's General Store]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the interior of Barr's General Merchandise Store in Sprinkle, Travis County. There are gentlemen posing inside the store.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Interior of senior high library [at Austin High School]

Interior of senior high library [at Austin High School]

Date: May 7, 1934
Creator: Boone, Alanson D.
Description: Photograph of interior of the senior high library at Austin High School from behind the circulation desk. Students fill the wooden tables, five or six per table. Girls sit together, as do boys, with some mixing. Card catalog drawers are on the circulation desk the foreground, as are books stacked and standing. A wall clock wrapped in ivy hangs on the wall above a bust on a mantle above a bricked in fireplace on the rear wall. Sunlight comes in through high windows on both left and right of the image. Double doors indicate the exit at the back of the room on the right. Paint is chipped from tabletop edges at the tables where students are seated in wooden chairs with vertical slats.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Interior of St. David's Episcopal Church]

[Interior of St. David's Episcopal Church]

Date: 1899
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the sanctuary of St. David's Episcopal Church. It is decorated with lights and garland for Christmas.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Interior of St. David's Episcopal Church]

[Interior of St. David's Episcopal Church]

Date: April 17, 1963
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the interior sanctuary of St. David's Episcopal Church, taken from the altar. There are large windows, a vaulted ceiling, and rows of pews in the photo.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Interior of St. David's Episcopal Church]

[Interior of St. David's Episcopal Church]

Date: unknown
Creator: Jensen-Raymer
Description: Photograph of the sanctuary of St. David's Episcopal Church decorated with lights and garland.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Interior view of the Negro War Recreation Council Building with 3 women and 3 Soldiers around a table]

[Interior view of the Negro War Recreation Council Building with 3 women and 3 Soldiers around a table]

Date: January 6, 1944
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of the interior of the Negro War Recreation Council Building, located at 702-14 East Avenue (now I-35) in the former city market building, showing a group of African Americans, including 3 women and 3 soldiers in uniform. Four of the women and men are seated in couples at a table, while the remaining soldier is sitting on the table as the woman stands in front of it. All of the women are nicely dressed; one has a fur collar and hat, and one has flowers in her hair. The building, which also served as a bus depot, has several wooden benches, roughly constructed of lumber. Several of the windows to the rear of the photograph are decoratively painted with stars, patriotic shields and the letter "V". Three single glass globe pendant light fixtures are visible hanging from the open vaulted ceiling. The market building was originally constructed as a 1935 Public Works Administration (PWA) project, which opened in June 1935.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[A. J. Campbell search near Goliad, September 1958, with Victoria County Sheriff M. W. "Monte" Marshall, Goliad County Sheriff A. Claude Taylor, and Travis County Sheriff T. O. Lang]

[A. J. Campbell search near Goliad, September 1958, with Victoria County Sheriff M. W. "Monte" Marshall, Goliad County Sheriff A. Claude Taylor, and Travis County Sheriff T. O. Lang]

Date: September 1958
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of five men, four white and one black, next to a car with an open door. One man, the Goliad Sherriff, is sitting in the car, wearing a cowboy hat and with his cowboy-boot clad feet out on the ground. He holds a flashlight trained on several papers, also in his hands, and the other men lean intently in to see the papers. The two men standing on either side of him are the Victoria Sherriff on the left and Travis County Sherriff T.O. Lang on the right. They also wear cowboy hats, and Lang wears a badge above his left chest pocket. The man at the far right, who is standing behind the open car door, wears a Texas State Trooper uniform. The young black man, also on the right of the photo and leaning on the car door, wears dark trousers, a light checked shirt, and a cap. The party is searching for A. J. Campbell, Sr., who kidnapped his two young children from his estranged wife in Goliad, Texas. He committed suicide, leaving a note which said that he had "buried both children." The car, with the suicide note, was found in Travis County, and it ...
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Kickoff of unkown game at Clark Field]

[Kickoff of unkown game at Clark Field]

Date: [1890..1919]
Creator: Hart, James H.
Description: Photograph of kickoff of an unknown football game at Clark Field. The weather is sunny and cloudless, and a crowd watches while standing across the field. The University of Texas began its football program in 1893 managed by Albert Lefevra, playing two games in the fall and two in the spring. The following year, the team hired its first official head coach, R.D. Wentworth.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library