Date: April 28, 1949
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Photograph of two men standing in front of the O.Henry Honeymoon Cottage. This house was originally located on E. 11th Street. In 1956 it was moved by The Heritage Society to Shoal Creek (Wooten) Park where it was to be restored. Several attempts were made to burn the house and on December 23, 1956 the house was set afire and burned to the ground as the restoration was taking place.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library