Creator: Texas Highway Department
Description: Photograph of the Texas Governor's Mansion taken of front of the mansion from the walkway. The upper porch is screened. The seven steps leading to the front door are concrete with white iron railings winging down and outwards. The mansion was built by Abner Cook in 1855 and was continuously occupied since 1856. The occupant here in 1954 was Governor Coke R. Stevenson. The mansion was declared a Texas historical landmark in 1962 and a national historic landmark in 1970.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library