You limited your search to:

  Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Three Young Cowgirls

Three Young Cowgirls

Date: June 1, 1941
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Photograph of three young cowgirls standing behind an iron gate.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Three young men in navy uniforms standing next to recruitment poster]

[Three young men in navy uniforms standing next to recruitment poster]

Date: August 16, 1951
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Three young men in navy uniforms standing next to recruitment poster. The poster reads "Now serve at sea; Navy; Navy Recruiting Station, 207 Old Post Office Building, Austin Texas."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Three young men in navy uniforms standing next to recruitment poster]

[Three young men in navy uniforms standing next to recruitment poster]

Date: August 16, 1951
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Photo of three young men in Navy uniforms standing next to recruitment poster. Austin, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Thumb and hand of a founder]

[Thumb and hand of a founder]

Date: 19uu
Creator: Austin Citizen Photograph
Description: Photograph of the disjointed thumb and rough, callused hand of an ironworker at the Weigl Iron Works. Weigl Iron works was opened in 1922 by German founder and immigrant Fortunat Weigl at Exposition Boulevard, but moved shortly after to its home on 100 Red River. The flood of June 5, 1935 hit the Weigl Iron Works hard. Fortunat was joined in the business by his sons Lee and Herbert, who ran the business after Fortnuat's death in 1973 until their retirement in 1977. In 1978, Iron Works BBQ opened to honor the Weigl family and their industry.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Tightrope walker John Devier on Congress Avenue]

[Tightrope walker John Devier on Congress Avenue]

Date: 1867
Creator: Jordan-Ellison
Description: Photograph of a crowd gathered to watch a tight rope walker. Caption reads, "Scene on Congress Avenue in 1867, showing exhibition by a tight-rope walker (Devier) across the Avenue from the historic old Avenue Hotel at Eighth and Congress, on East side. The carriage at the left, entering the Avenue, is that of Gov. E. M. Pease (Gov. from 1853-57 and 1867-69)."
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Tillman's Barber Shop

Tillman's Barber Shop

Date: February 3, 1955
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Barbers, customers, and manicurist in Tillman's Barber Shop.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Tillotson College

Tillotson College

Date: April 12, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Exterior view of 2 buildings on a hill. Sign on lawn - Tillotson College.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
[Tim Venable With Supplies]

[Tim Venable With Supplies]

Date: 1988
Creator: unknown
Description: Photograph of SSgt Tim Venable kneeling next to a tool box. A plane is visible in the background.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Tips Engine Works

Tips Engine Works

Date: May 19, 1950
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Interior view of work area. Tips Engine Works was located at 300 Baylor Street.
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library
Tips Engine Works, Walter Tips, Austin Economic Development Area

Tips Engine Works, Walter Tips, Austin Economic Development Area

Date: December 6, 1949
Creator: Douglass, Neal
Description: Railroad siding
Contributing Partner: Austin History Center, Austin Public Library