You limited your search to:
- KORC 1140 On Your Dial
- A picture of a KORC-KBS Microphone--"1140 on your dial" is shown here. Mineral Wells' radio history dates back to the 1930's when Mr. Hal Collins, owner of the Crazy Hotel, began sponsoring broadcasts originating in the hotel lobby. The radio station was founded and owned by Mr. Achilles Corcanges, and aired its first broadcast on December 5, 1946. Radio station KMWT-FM began broadcasting from Mineral Wells in 1970. The broadcasts were aired nationwide, at noon daily, over the Texas Quality Network. It advertised Crazy Water Crystals. Both stations' call letters were changed in 1983 to KJAS-AM and KYXS-FM. Many show business luminaries appeared on the shows. For instance, Mary Martin of Weatherford began her singing/acting career here.
- The Last Days of Camp Wolters, 15 August 1946
- This pamphlet describes the last eight months of Camp Wolters, during which time it was closed down, and its personnel were transferred to positions in other places.
- Mineral Wells Index (Mineral Wells, Tex.), Vol. 14, No. 105, Ed. 1 Wednesday, February 20, 1946
- Daily newspaper from Mineral Wells, Texas that includes local, state and national news along with extensive advertising.