You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Language: English
[Three Old-Time Stores]

[Three Old-Time Stores]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Mineral Wells is 100% for "Ike" Sablosky

Mineral Wells is 100% for "Ike" Sablosky

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Crazy Well Water Company

The Crazy Well Water Company

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows a photograph of two pages from a water-bottle-shaped brochure about Mineral Wells. The "Appendix" referred to on the verso folio refers to a series of burlesques printed on previous--unseen--pages. The recto folio describes the four types of the water and the various ailments that they are expected to cure. The brochure notes that number four water is purgative, and should be used in moderation, but at frequent intervals.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Bank of Mineral Wells

The Bank of Mineral Wells

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Crazy Water

Crazy Water

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Ashburn Ice Cream Company]

[Ashburn Ice Cream Company]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Taken From North Oak]

[Taken From North Oak]

Date: May 28, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: This information is printed on the back of photograph: "Taken from the North Oak and N. E. 3rd. Street looking North May 28, 1975 by A.F. Weaver." Businesses that are visible in the photograph are, in order: The Crazy Water Hotel, Community Aerial Cable Company, Bennett's Office Supply and The Grand Theater.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Sanitarium

Sanitarium

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Mineral Wells Sanitarium was located at 315 NW 1st Avenue. , It was listed in 1907 as being leased by Doctors J.M. Massie, and R. G. Beaswell. It was later owned and operated by B.H. Milling before he built the Milling Sanitarium. The building was torn down and replaced by Willimann's Pharmacy. Currently [2010] the Woodsmen of the World club resides at this location.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Davis Wells; The Davis Baths

The Davis Wells; The Davis Baths

Date: 1920?
Creator: unknown
Description: Pictured here is a semi-ornate brick building (with a socle presumably of stone), advertising the Davis Wells and the Davis Baths. This enterprise is not listed in A.F. Weaver's "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells...." The picture appears to have been excerpted from a larger photograph, as the legend "Davis Baths" (not visible in the picture) appears on the negative. Polk's Directory for 1920 lists "Davis Mineral Baths" (proprietor, Dr. Eldred A.--the "A" stands for "Albany"--Davis) at "210 1/2 N. Oak Avenue." The business cannot be found in the 1909 or 1914 Polk's Directories. However, the 1914 Polk's Directory shows a Dr. Davis as living at 514 East Throckmorton [presently, in 2014, NE 1st Street] with his wife, Helen. The name of the bath house was changed to the "Buck Head" (or "Buckhead", as some sources have it) at some as yet unknown date.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Sancura Sprudel Water

Sancura Sprudel Water

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library