You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Language: English
Davis Bath House   Mineral Wells, Texas

Davis Bath House Mineral Wells, Texas

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A photograph of the allurements to be found at the Davis Bath House is shown here. This building was used for the Buckhead Bath House at one time, and then used for the Davis Bath House. The building is located in the 200 block of N. Oak Avenue. Still in existence, it is under renovation as of 2010. This photograph appears on page 52 of the Mini Edition, "Time Was in Mineral Wells..."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Piedmont Hotel - [The First Piedmont With Numerous Individuals on Porches]

Piedmont Hotel - [The First Piedmont With Numerous Individuals on Porches]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The First Piedmont Hotel. This photograph was probably taken in the early twentieth century, judging by the attire of the men photographed. The photograph appears on page 104 of "Time Was...", Second Edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Kingsley

The Kingsley

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Kingsley was built on the side of East Mountain around NW 7th Street, and was eventually destroyed by fire. The legend "The Kinglsey, Mineral Wells Texa." invites comentary, as "Texa" is not a proper abbreviation for "Texas." This photograph appears on page 102 of A. F. Weaver's pictorial history book, "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells..." Second Edition, 1988.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Delaware Hotel Fire]

[The Delaware Hotel Fire]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Delaware Hotel (formerly the St. Nicholas), at the corner of NE 3rd Street and N. Oak Avenue, is shown in the process of burning down. Also pictured is the Brazos Valley Land Company advertising FARMS RANCHES and CITY PROPERTY. The photograph appears on page 104 of "Time Was...", Second Edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Piedmont Hotel

The Piedmont Hotel

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Piedmont Hotel, located on NE 2nd Avenue and East Hubbard Street, was demolished to make room for the Baker Hotel Garage. Before its destruction, it was used as an office for the Army Engineers during the construction of Possum Kingdom Dam.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The Piedmont Hotel [The First Piedmont Hotel]

The Piedmont Hotel [The First Piedmont Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A picture (perhaps an early photograph) of the first Piedmont Hotel, its location being unknown. This photograph appears on page 104 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells," Second Edition, 1988.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Star House

Star House

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Star House was built about 1900,and owned by Mr. and Mrs. J. J. Ramsey. This 34-room hotel was situated at 315 Coke Street. A colophon at the bottom of the picture, barely legible, reads: "1903 Ramsey House Mineral Wells, Texas John Ramsey Ima Ramsey." This photograph appears on page 105 of "Time Was in Mineral Wells", Second Edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Some Gentlemen in Front of the Oxford Hotel]

[Some Gentlemen in Front of the Oxford Hotel]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Seated in front of the Oxford Hotel, from left to right, are: R.B. Preston, Mr. Dick from Millsap, and Stith Edmondson. (Mr. Edmondson was an early sheriff of Palo Pinto County.) Dr. J. H. McCracken can be seen in the window. The First State Bank and Trust Company was located in the corner of this building, later called the Firstron Building. A sign on the building in the left corner states "$15.00 Fine for Spitting on Sidewalk". This picture appears on page 103 of A.F. Weaver's book "TIME WAS In Mineral Wells..." second edition.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Letter from Mrs. William Wehunt to A.F. Weaver]--dated to about 2002

[A Letter from Mrs. William Wehunt to A.F. Weaver]--dated to about 2002

Date: unknown
Creator: Katherine Brookshire Wehunt
Description: The letter shown is from "Mrs. William Wehunt", who was the former Katherine Brookshire, whose father owned a furniture store in Mineral Wells. The bank referred to in the letter is believed to have been the Bank of Mineral Wells, that failed in 1924. It had been Mineral Wells' first bank. The Brookshire family of Mineral Wells is believed to be distantly related to the founder of the chain of Brookshire grocery stores.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Damron Hotel Fire, 20 of 21:   Different View of the Fire]

[The Damron Hotel Fire, 20 of 21: Different View of the Fire]

Date: December 22, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is yet another view of fire at the Damron Hotel, December 22, 1975 is shown here. The hotel was located in the 109 W. Hubbard Street. The fire also destroyed Davidson Hardware, which was in the same building.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library