You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Language: English
[People Sitting in a car]

[People Sitting in a car]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph, looking west on East Hubbard at the corner of NE lst Avenue, shows a touring car, with two men in front and three women behind. Please note the trolley car tracks in front of the car. They are almost covered with dirt and no longer in use. This photograph, taken about 1915, may be found on page 137 of Art Weaver's book "TIME WAS in Mineral Wells."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Crazy Crystals in Parade 1936

Crazy Crystals in Parade 1936

Date: 1936
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph shows two vehicles in the Crazy Crystals Parade in 1936. One of the vehicles (a van) is decorated with Crazy Crystals Shipping Boxes. It is covered with streamers on the hood, door handle, the running board, and all the tires--including its spare. The car following it is black with white panels in the doors. It also has streamers on the hood. Apart from the printed legend on the base of the photograph, there is no further information available about this photograph.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [The Crazy Box Factory Crew 1940]

[The Crazy Box Factory Crew 1940]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A. F. Weaver, Sr. (seated on the left) raised money--just before World War II--to build the new building just behind the Crazy Box Factory. He is pictured here with the staff of the building. The Polluck Paper and Box Company took over the plant right after the war. It later became the St. Regis Packaging. The photograph dates to 1940.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [Leon Cross, Shoe Shine Boy in 1975]

[Leon Cross, Shoe Shine Boy in 1975]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Leon Cross was the only "shine boy" left in Mineral Wells in 1975. He worked in the first Crazy Hotel just before it burned; and has been with the Crazy Hotel ever since, working in different departments of the Hotel. He is the Shine Boy today [2003]in the Crazy Barber Shop, located in the Crazy Hotel. This photograph appears in A.F. Weaver's book "Time Was in Mineral Wells."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 "CRAZY" WATER CRYSTALS PLANT

"CRAZY" WATER CRYSTALS PLANT

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This photo shows an easterly view of the "Crazy" Water Crystals Plant, the Water Tower, and Crazy Water train cars on the train track adjacent to the Plant. Mineral Wells, Texas
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [The Construction of  the Post Office]

[The Construction of the Post Office]

Date: May 3, 1912
Creator: unknown
Description: Written on front of picture is the partial holograph legend: ".ade from the North east ...ner looking Southwest made May the 3rd 1912" It shows the construction of what would eventually be the third Post Office at 201 N.E. 2nd Street. A shear-legs is shown on the extreme left. The workers have clearly stopped work for the taking of the photograph, which is featured in "Time Once Was in Mineral Wells" on page 150. The building now [2014] houses the Women's Club.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The  Howard Building

The Howard Building

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is the D. M. Howard Building, once located on 101 Southeast 1st Avenue. It was later the J.M. Belcher Furniture Store, and then again the R. & W. Furniture. The building was torn down March 17, 1975 to make room for the Mineral Wells Savings & Loan building, and for a parking lot to serve it. A Piggly-Wiggly grocery store was built to the right. The picture is featured in "Time Was in Mineral Wells" on page 123.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
AWO_2175 E  A Camera Trip Through Camp Wolters jd

AWO_2175 E A Camera Trip Through Camp Wolters jd

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: None
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [A Photographic Miscellany of Mineral Wells]

[A Photographic Miscellany of Mineral Wells]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is a possible composite picture of the attractions about Mineral Wells. It features a panorama of Camp Wolters, dated 1941; A scenic drive, Mineral Wells; the hospital & headquarters Areas; Regimental Areas 4 & 5, Camp Wolters. Several small towns(e.g. Salesville, Graford, and Santo) are shown as existing--but nothing more.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [The Firstron Building After a Fire]

[The Firstron Building After a Fire]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The Firstron Building occupied the site of the Oxford Hotel (which burned down)and was itself replaced by the First National Bank (which moved away). The building burned in 1983. Lynch Plaza now [2012] occupies the site. The sign in front of the remains of the Firstron Building reads: Firstron Building OFFICE SPACE FOR RENT 325-4461 ROOM 300 It invites ironic comment. This picture appears in "Time Was in Mineral Wells", Second Edition, on page 186.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library