Date: about 1941
Creator: Clarence Winfield Simonds
Description: Shown here is a view across Lake Mineral Wells, taken after World War II. The level of the lake was raised during that war, covering a little island which had been in the middle of the lake. Fishing facilities are visible on the far shore. This area is now part of the state park located just east of Mineral Wells in Parker County. This is a view from a spot near the dam looking across the lake to Ed Dismuke's Famous Water Company, where mineral water was piped to his drinking pavilion on NW 3rd Street. It was here also, that the Famous crystallizing plant, where "Pronto Lax" crystals were made, was located. Lake Pinto supplied water to the City of Mineral Wells from the time of its creation in 1902, until Rock Creek was dammed to form Lake Mineral Wells in Parker County in 1921. This photograph is taken from one of 17 (4X4) negatives in an envelope from Charles W. Simonds, addressed to A.F. Weaver Photography, and postmarked "Aug. 4, 1975."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library