You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Year: 1933
The American Legion Drum and Bugle Corp at their 1933 Convention in Chicago

The American Legion Drum and Bugle Corp at their 1933 Convention in Chicago

Date: October 1933
Creator: unknown
Description: This much-mutilated picture has obviously been pinned to a cork-board. Enough of the legend at its bottom survives to proclaim that the picture commemorates the attendance of the Drum and Bugle Corps of Mineral Wells' Fearis Anderson Post No. 75, at a national convention of the the American Legion, in Chicago, Illinois, on October 2-5, 1933. The photograph was taken, the legend states, compliments of at the Majestic Hotel. Please note: The American Legion provided the following names to accompany the picture: David Burnswick,[sic] Director; Paul Grable, Drum Major; Tommie Burns, Trumpet; James W. Calvert, Trumpet; E.M. Davidson, Trumpet; Lawrence Davis, Trumpet; Sam Goldman, Trumpet; Jack Armstrong, Trumpet; Bob Echols,[sic] Clarinet; (?) Davidson, Clarinet; Lloyd Kendall, Clarinet; Bob Irvine, Clarinet; (?)Brady, Piccolo; Arly (?) Bolfour,[sic] S. Drums, B. Drums; Dan Raeffell,[sic] Bass; W.E. Davis, Bass; Roy Prince, Trombone; Vaughan Davis, Trombone; (?) Trombone; Franz Schubert, Baritone; Alex Pavlovsky, Horn; W. W. Woodward. Horn; George Oliver, Horn; Bill Chancellor, Color Bearer; W.H.H. Smith, Color Bearer; Allan Wallace, Color Guard; George Barber, Color Guard. This band was awarded a state championship three times.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Crazy Radio Theatre

Crazy Radio Theatre

Date: 1933?
Creator: unknown
Description: The Crazy Radio Theatre broadcast from the lobby of the Crazy Hotel in Mineral Wells over the Texas Quality Network. (see: A. F. Weaver, "Time Was...") The show's origin is said to be the selling of "Crazy Water Crystals." Identified are Hal Collins (Manager of the Crazy Hotel), Paul, Ludy, Dick, Jake, Slim. [No last names are given.] Please note the early 12-string steel guitar held by Paul.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 [Crazy  Sign, 2 of 2]

[Crazy Sign, 2 of 2]

Date: 1933?
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows a post-card of the sign. The Crazy sign was constructed in 1933 over East Hubbard Street, (Bankhead Highway--later US Highway 180) in the center of Mineral Wells. It was quite a landmark since it was one of only two signs allowed by by the Texas Department of Transportation to span a highway maintained by the state agency. The sign was torn down on December 24, 1958 (No explanation was offered for the rush to remove it on Christmas Eve.) and it was later salvaged for scrap. Information about it was taken from A.F. Weavers "Time Was...", on page 30.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Program for Mineral Wells High School Commencement 1934]

[A Program for Mineral Wells High School Commencement 1934]

Date: May 24, 1933
Creator: unknown
Description: A program from the Mineral Wells Commencement of 1934, which was held in the still-standing Convention Hall.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library