You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Resource Type: Photograph
 Language: No Language
 Collection: A. F. Weaver Collection
[416 NW 6th Street]

[416 NW 6th Street]

Date: unknown
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This home, at 416 NW 6th Street, was built in 1906 by Robert Wylie, a prominent pioneer cattleman. The house was purchased in 1917 by the attorney of Mrs. Wylie, Judge W.H. Gross. It was known as "The Gross House" until Mrs. Gross' death in 1952. The Luther Waddy family subsequently became owners. The next people to purchase the house were Mr. and Mrs. Jack Catrett in 2006. There are 10 rooms and 8 fireplaces (all coal-burning), each one unique, and believed to have been imported. There are many stained- and leaded-glass windows. This view is of the front, southern elevation of the house. The photograph was take in June of 1975. The style of the house is Queen Anne, sub-type Free Classic. The shaped parapet on the tower, and the parapets on the gables are taken from the sub-type Patterned Masonry. A rectangular tower (more readily visible in the next photograph)is very unusual in this type of architecture (round, square, or polygonal towers are more common). However, the shape may have been dictated by the use of cement blocks, which was a new material in this time Another view of the house may be found in "Time Was...", by ...
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[612 N. W. 6th Street]

[612 N. W. 6th Street]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This house is currently [2007] owned and occupied by Gil Hulls. An earlier photograph is pictured on page 140 of "Time Was..." by A. F. Weaver. The house was built in 1905 by W. S. McCutcheon. The style is tentatively thought to be neo-classic. The two-story porch is unusual. It shows evidence of much remodeling. The local parish of the Episcopal Church held meetings in the basement that members lovingly called "the Catacombs." St. Luke's Episcopal Church is located next door on a lot donated by the McCutcheons.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Aerial View of Camp Wolters

Aerial View of Camp Wolters

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The only information about this photograph appears to be the written legends on it: [At its top] MW-4 AERIAL VIEW OF CAMP WOLTERS, TEXAS [At its bottom] PHOTO BY AERIAL PHOTO SERVICE KALAMAZOO--DALLAS 1B-H586 Camp Wolters was the predecessor of Fort Wolters in Mineral Wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Cantex and Mineral Wells From the East, 1967]

[An Aerial View of Cantex and Mineral Wells From the East, 1967]

Date: April 29, 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: An aerial view of Mineral Wells, taken from the east and south of Hubbard Street, April 29, 1967 is shown here. Note the Baker Hotel in the upper right corner of the picture. The Cantex Manufacturing Company is in foreground. Once a part of Texas-Vit (vitreous clay products), it is now producing PVC plastic products. The railroad right-of-way shows as a dark corridor to the right and above Cantex in the picture. The street at the far right of the picture is East Hubbard Street, and one block left of it is SE 1st Street (together forming U. S. Highway 180, providing one-way traffic, both west and east, through downtown Mineral Wells.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells]

[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells]

Date: 1920?
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A panoramic view of Mineral Wells looking southwest from East Mountain, Poston's Dry Goods store may be seen in the middle left of the picture, and the Old High School, Rock Schoolhouse, and West Ward School are visible next to West Mountain skyline in the upper right corner of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells]

[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells]

Date: April 29, 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This picture shows an aerial view of Mineral Wells from the east-southeast looking northwest. The Baker Hotel is the dominant building in the middle left of the picture. The Crazy Hotel is seen two blocks north (right) and one block west of the Baker. Immediately in front of the Baker is the hotel swimming pool (the second hotel to have its own pool). To the right (north) of the pool is the First Methodist Church.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells (1 of 2)]

[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells (1 of 2)]

Date: 1905?/1912?
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A view from West Mountain looking ESE, contains the following landmarks: The Hexagon Hotel (1895-1959) in the upper middle of the picture, and the Chautauqua (1905-1912) in the upper right. One block right (south) and one block this side (west) of the Chautauqua is Crazy Flats Drinking Pavilion (burned in 1925). The Sangura- Sprudel Well and Drinking Pavilion is below and left (one block north and one block west) of The Hexagon. The Fairfield Inn is one block plus north and east (left) of the Hexagon and about half way up East Mountain. The Vichy Well (Later known as The Beach and still later as the Standard Well) is on the right, and across the street from the Hexagon. It was later the location of the USO building in World War II, and is now [2006] the North Oak Community Center.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells (2 of 2)]

[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells (2 of 2)]

Date: 1910?
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This aerial photograph is adjacent to, and south of, the previous photograph. It is taken from South Mountain, looking east-south-east. The Chautauqua is on the upper left of the picture. The Crazy Flats Drinking Pavilion (which burned March 15, 1925) is below and to the right of the Chautauqua. The area in foreground is a residential area of west Mineral Wells, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells From the East, 1967]

[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells From the East, 1967]

Date: April 29, 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This aerial view of Mineral Wells was taken April 29, 1967 from the East looking slightly West. Please note the Spanish Trace Apartments and the back of Brazos Mall.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells From the East 1967]

[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells From the East 1967]

Date: April 29, 1967
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This photograph is an aerial view of Mineral Wells from the east-northeast. It was taken April 29, 1967. Please note the Brazos Mall and Spanish Trace apartments across the street from it at the upper left edge of the picture. The large building at the lower left corner of the picture is the Sands motel. The large vacant area was later developed when the Lakewell House Retirement Home was built near the middle of it.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST