Date: December 22, 1976
Description: This is another view of the spectacular fire that consumed the Damron Hotel on December 22, 1975. The hotel was built as the Colonial Hotel in 1906 by rancher J. T. Holt for his second wife, who would not live in the country. The name was changed in 1917 when the hotel was traded to Agnew and Bessie Damron for a ranch. The fire received extensive photographic coverage. Note the height of the flames in this picture taken in the later stages of the fire.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library