You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Language: No Language
[A Play Day at Elmhurst Park]

[A Play Day at Elmhurst Park]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Girls are shown playing a basketball game in Mineral Wells' Elmhurst Park, about 1910. The scene catches a "Jump Ball" during progress of the game. Please note the women's uniforms, and also the enthusiastic crowd.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Group Picture]

[A Group Picture]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A picture of a large group of attendees at the Mineral Wells Annual Fair is shown. The picture was taken in the early 1900's at the Dance Pavilion at Elmhurst Park.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Sporting Event]

[A Sporting Event]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A group of people watching a pole-vaulting event is shown here. A vaulter goes over a crossbar set at approximately 10 feet in this picture. The covered area in the background is the Dance Pavilion at Elmhurst Park (also the site of the Palo Pinto County Fair at this early date). Two ladies, with their backs to the camera, at the rear of the crowd wear ladies' basketball uniforms of the day. The horse and buggy were a standard mode of transportation at this time--about 1910.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Paving East Hubbard Street in Mineral Wells]

[Paving East Hubbard Street in Mineral Wells]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A group of men work on paving East Hubbard street in Mineral Wells. Electrical lines are present. Street paving in Mineral Wells began in 1914. On the right is the Richards House. Behind the house is Lamar Flats water pavilion, now [2008]the site of the Baker Hotel.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A View of Mesquite Street, Mineral Wells]

[A View of Mesquite Street, Mineral Wells]

Date: 1914?
Creator: unknown
Description: An early scene of Mesquite Street (now [2008] NE 1st Avenue) looking North toward old U.S. Post Office from the corner of East Hubbard Street. Electrical lines are present as are cars and trucks typical of the post-1914 era, when the streets of Mineral Wells were paved. The cornerstone for the Post Office was laid in May, 1912. The building on the near right housed Campbell's Bargain store. It occupied the site of the current Baker Hotel (Opened in 1929.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Moore St [Now NE. 6th St.]

Moore St [Now NE. 6th St.]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A view of Moore Street (now NE 6th Street) is shown here, looking east up Welcome Mountain, with the Hexagon Hotel on the left side of the street near the middle of the picture.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Inspiration Point]

[Inspiration Point]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: The view from Inspiration Point, overlooking the Brazos River seven miles south of Mineral Wells. Billy Sunday, a popular evangelical preacher in America, visited Mineral Wells in 1900. He exclaimed "This is an inspiration!" when he saw the beautiful scenery south of the town. He unwittingly gave the Point its name.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The West Ward School]

[The West Ward School]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Exterior of the West Ward School in Mineral Wells, TX.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells High School Marching Band]

[The Mineral Wells High School Marching Band]

Date: 1939?
Creator: unknown
Description: The Mineral Wells High School marching band is shown here performing on a football field in the late 1930's. The band director at that time was Mr. Dave Brunswick. See also "Mineral Wells High School Concert Band."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Two Men and a Woman]

[Two Men and a Woman]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows two unidentified men and a woman. The photograph is believed to have been taken during construction of the road up Wynn Mountain east of Palo Pinto (prior to construction of the Bankhead Highway, which was built following passage of "Good Roads Act" in 1916.)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
FIRST PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT LAST