You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Language: No Language
[Ladies with parasols]

[Ladies with parasols]

Date: 1913
Creator: unknown
Description: "Sllew La Renim" (a social club) was "Mineral Wells" spelled backwards. Its members pose in front of the Old Post Office in 1913. Identified in the photograph are: Anna Mae Guinn, Ernestine Pollard, May Belle Smith, Ann Locke Galbraith, Ruby Andrews, Mattie Withers. Note the Mineral Wells Sanitarium in the left background. This photograph may be found on page 118 of "TIME WAS...", First Edition by A.F. Weaver.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Mineral Wells Golf Country Club and Lake]

[The Mineral Wells Golf Country Club and Lake]

Date: 1920?/1930?
Creator: unknown
Description: Please note the men in golf attire standing on bank, one of whom is holding a bag of golf clubs. Knee-length knickers with decorated socks were typical golf wear in the Roaring Twenties. Others are lounging around on the bank between club house and lake on a typical lazy Sunday afternoon.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Baseball Team]

[A Baseball Team]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows a men's baseball team in Mineral Wells, but the identification of the team and the men are unknown. Ike Zablosky (sometimes spelled Zabronski), a Russian immigrant, arrived in America in 1906. He entered the fur-trading business in Mineral Wells, and is credited with naming the Possum Kingdom area when a customer inquired about some premium pelts. Zablosky replied that he had none at the time, but "When my boys return from the possum kingdom, I'm sure they will have some." In Mineral Wells, Zablosky operated a class C professional league baseball team (the Resorters). He became owner of the first professional baseball team in Dallas, later in life. The Chicago White Sox are known to have held their Spring Training camp in Mineral Wells in 1911, and again in a three-year stretch of 1916, 1917, and 1918. It has not been established whether the players shown in this picture are part of the Resorters or White Sox teams. The man in the background, with an apparent uniform, is shown holding an instrument whose function has not been determined.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Four golfers at Mineral Wells Country Club - 1930's]

[Four golfers at Mineral Wells Country Club - 1930's]

Date: 1930?
Creator: unknown
Description: Four unidentified men in golfing knickers (apparently from the early 1930's) stand in front of, and across the lake from the original Holiday Hills Country Club house. They are putting on what is now the Number 12 green.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A group of gentlemen Seated at Inspiration Point]

[A group of gentlemen Seated at Inspiration Point]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph depicts a group of men identified as: Bealer Beard,Henry Penix, Mr. Bowman, Henry Fowler, and Charlie Fowler, sitting in chairs at Inspiration Point sometime during the 1920's.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells (1 of 2)]

[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells (1 of 2)]

Date: 1905?/1912?
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: A view from West Mountain looking ESE, contains the following landmarks: The Hexagon Hotel (1895-1959) in the upper middle of the picture, and the Chautauqua (1905-1912) in the upper right. One block right (south) and one block this side (west) of the Chautauqua is Crazy Flats Drinking Pavilion (burned in 1925). The Sangura- Sprudel Well and Drinking Pavilion is below and left (one block north and one block west) of The Hexagon. The Fairfield Inn is one block plus north and east (left) of the Hexagon and about half way up East Mountain. The Vichy Well (Later known as The Beach and still later as the Standard Well) is on the right, and across the street from the Hexagon. It was later the location of the USO building in World War II, and is now [2006] the North Oak Community Center.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells (2 of 2)]

[An Aerial View of Mineral Wells (2 of 2)]

Date: 1910?
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This aerial photograph is adjacent to, and south of, the previous photograph. It is taken from South Mountain, looking east-south-east. The Chautauqua is on the upper left of the picture. The Crazy Flats Drinking Pavilion (which burned March 15, 1925) is below and to the right of the Chautauqua. The area in foreground is a residential area of west Mineral Wells, Texas.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Panorama Taken in 1974 (first)]

[A Panorama Taken in 1974 (first)]

Date: August 10, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: Shown here is a panoramic View of Mineral Wells, Texas taken August 8, 1974. The Baker Hotel and the Crazy Water Hotel are visible. The Convention Center is seen in the far left of the photograph. The view is from West Mountain, looking toward East Mountain over north Mineral Wells.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Panorama  Taken in 1974 (second)]

[A Panorama Taken in 1974 (second)]

Date: August 10, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture shows a panoramic view of northwest Mineral Wells from West Mountain, looking toward East Mountain. Included in photograph are the Convention Center, the Box Factory, and the Crazy Water Hotel.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Panorama Taken in 1974 (third)]

[A Panorama Taken in 1974 (third)]

Date: August 10, 1974
Creator: unknown
Description: illustrated here is a panorama of Mineral Wells, looking east from West Mountain. The Baker Hotel and First National Bank (now Bank of America) are visible in center of photograph. Native plants are pictured in the left of photograph.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library