You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
 Decade: 1980-1989
[First Presbyterian Church - 4 of 13:   Front Entrance and Dome]

[First Presbyterian Church - 4 of 13: Front Entrance and Dome]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This photograph is the fifth in a series of pictures of the First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, Texas. This picture shows the front entrance, which was at the southwest corner of the church and the dome.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church --5 of 13:   Front Entrance]

[First Presbyterian Church --5 of 13: Front Entrance]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: Shown here is the sixth in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church. This picture shows a close-up of the front entrance, which was at the southwest corner of the church.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church - 3 of 13:   Front Entrance and Dome]

[First Presbyterian Church - 3 of 13: Front Entrance and Dome]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This photograph is the fourth in a series of pictures, showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church. This picture shows the dome over the Sanctuary.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church - 12 of 13:  Front View]

[First Presbyterian Church - 12 of 13: Front View]

Date: 1980
Creator: A .F. Weaver
Description: This is the twelfth picture in a series of pictures showing architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church prior to its demolition. This is a general view of the church from the southwest corner of the building.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 11 of 18:   Retaining Wall Leading to Church]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 11 of 18: Retaining Wall Leading to Church]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The south entrance to St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas), is shown here, with some of the rockwork landscaping.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 14 of 18:   Side View of Wood Shingles]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church - 14 of 18: Side View of Wood Shingles]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The roof at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas).
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 15 of 18:   Close Up of Rockwork]

[St. Mark's Lutheran Church -- 15 of 18: Close Up of Rockwork]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The gable at the south end of St. Mark Lutheran Church (2301 SE 25th Avenue, Mineral Wells, Texas).
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church -7 of 13:   Dome Detail]

[First Presbyterian Church -7 of 13: Dome Detail]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: The eighth in a series of pictures of architectural details of the First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Wells, this picture is a close-up of the dome atop the sanctuary.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church -- 11 of 13:  Close Up of the Dome]

[First Presbyterian Church -- 11 of 13: Close Up of the Dome]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This picture is the twelfth in a series of pictures showing architectural details of The First Presbyterian Church. This picture details the dome atop the church in a close-up view.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13:   Front View]

[First Presbyterian Church - 1 of 13: Front View]

Date: 1980
Creator: A. F. Weaver
Description: This photograph is the first in a series of pictures of architectural details that was taken prior to demolition of the Presbyterian church of Mineral Wells. The first church in Mineral Wells built by the Presbyterians in 1883 was located at the southwest corner of what is now the Crazy Hotel block. The early church served both the Presbyterian and Baptist Churches, and was sold to the Baptist congregation. The First Presbyterian Church was built at 300 NW 4th Avenue in 1896, and burned in 1908 This domed structure replaced it. This picture shows the front entrance to the Sanctuary of this second First Presbyterian Church in Mineral Wells, Texas, built in 1909, at this location. This picturesque building survived the disastrous fire of July 4, 1914, that destroyed the two-by-three city block area surrounding it. The building suffered serious structural deterioration to its foundation, and was replaced in the the 1980's by a more modern structure.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library