You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[612 N. W. 6th Street]

[612 N. W. 6th Street]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This house is currently [2007] owned and occupied by Gil Hulls. An earlier photograph is pictured on page 140 of "Time Was..." by A. F. Weaver. The house was built in 1905 by W. S. McCutcheon. The style is tentatively thought to be neo-classic. The two-story porch is unusual. It shows evidence of much remodeling. The local parish of the Episcopal Church held meetings in the basement that members lovingly called "the Catacombs." St. Luke's Episcopal Church is located next door on a lot donated by the McCutcheons.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Ferris Anderson Home]

[The Ferris Anderson Home]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture is may be found on page 183 of the book "Time Was..." Second Edition by A. F. Weaver. His caption reads, "Ferris Anderson home with Anderson on the left family group. Home is located off SE 25th Avenue. The American Legion Post 75 was named after Ferris Anderson." Anderson was a war casualty in World War I.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[A Corner of N.W. 1st Avenue and 9th Street]

[A Corner of N.W. 1st Avenue and 9th Street]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture may be found on page 138 of "Time Was..." by A. F. Weaver. The caption says, "George P. Barber residence, built in 1907 at the corner of NW 1st Avenue and 9th Street..." Dr. Barber, an early Doctor and financier in the city, joined with George W. Slaughter to donate land for Elmwood Cemetery. He established Barber's Addition (a housing development) in the north part of the City, and built a small lake for the City's first municipal water supply. The legend on the poster attached to the tree in front of the house begins, "Free Mineral Water." The rest of the sign remains obscure.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Thompson-Cunningham Home

Thompson-Cunningham Home

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture is, apparently, a page distributed during a 1975 "Tour of Homes." It is best viewed and read when enlarged on the computer screen. The picture is a copy of the one used on page 141 of "Time Was..." by A. F. Weaver. This house, at 215 NE 2nd Street, is Queen Anne style, spindle work subtype. It was restored in 2006 by Bill Pratt, Jr.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Old Home in Mineral Wells]

[An Old Home in Mineral Wells]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: An old home, located in Mineral Wells, Texas, on 404 SW 3rd Street is shown here. The Baker Hotel faintly visible in the background, looking about half-way up the lowermost branch of the tree in front of the house, and looking towards the northeast.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tour of Homes, 1976,  (5)]

[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (5)]

Date: unknown
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: The Cunningham House (502 NW 23rd Street, Mineral Wells, Texas) was built in the 1930's. It is in Italian Renaissance style, and it shows evidence of later remodeling. It later became the home of E.B. Ritchie, Palo Pinto County Judge from 1904 to 1908. Judge Ritchie was the first of four generations (son George M., grandson John P., great grandson Richard P.) of attorneys and civic Leaders in Palo Pinto County. This negative was part of a collection of photographs take by A. F. Weaver and was found in an envelope marked "Homes, Tour of, 4/76" The following names were listed: "McFall, Brewer, Catrett, John Moore, Hull, McLaughlin."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tour of Homes, 1976,  (2)]

[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (2)]

Date: unknown
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: This concrete-block house, of Queen Anne style, free classic subtype, parapeted gable, was built in 1904 by Robert Wylie, rancher, at 416 NW 6th Street. This view is of the front, southern elevation of the house. There are 10 room and 8 fireplaces (all coal-burning), each one unique, and believed to have been imported. There are many stained- and leaded-glass windows. The house was purchased in 1917 by the attorney of Mrs. Wylie, Judge W.H. Gross. The Gross family lived there until Mrs. Gross' death in 1952. Subsequent owners were the Luther Waddy family, and Mr. and Mrs. Jack Catrett in 2006. Another view of it is in "Time Was...", by A. F. Weaver, on page 141. This negative was part of a collection of photographs taken by A. F. Weaver, and was found in an envelope marked "Homes, Tour of, 4/76" The following names were listed: "McFall, Brewer, Catrett, John Moore, Hull, McLaughlin."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tour of Homes, 1976,  (1)]

[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (1)]

Date: unknown
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: A home, apparently of Neo-classical style, located at 516 NE 3rd Avenue. This home was built in 1909 by J. S. Murphy. It was owned in 1976 by Kenneth and Mary Brewer. This negative was part of a collection of photographs take by A. F. Weaver, and was found in an envelope marked "Homes, Tour of, 4/76" The following names were listed: "McFall, Brewer, Catrett, John Moore, Hull, McLaughlin."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (4)]

[The Tour of Homes, 1976, (4)]

Date: unknown
Creator: A.F. Weaver
Description: This picture illustrates the McFall home, three miles west of the city of Mineral Wells. It was opened in 1927 as the Indian Creek Brazos Valley School. It saw use as a community center, and as a polling place from 1946 to 1970. The McFall's purchased it and converted it into a residence. This negative was part of a collection of photos take by A. F. Weaver and was found in an envelope marked "Homes, Tour of, 4/76" The following names were listed: "McFall, Brewer, Catrett, John Moore, Hull, McLaughlin."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Street Car to Elmhurst Park]

[The Street Car to Elmhurst Park]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: Mineral Wells residents and visitors could ride a streetcar (until 1913, when it was discontinued) out of town to Elmhurst Park. The streetcar in the picture had come to the park by way of North Oak Street. After a ride from town, the passengers could walk across the swinging bridge which spanned Pollard Creek to enter Elmhurst Park. This photograph is to be found on page 86 of "Time Was..." (Second Edition), by A. F. Weaver.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library