You limited your search to:

  Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[An Early Couple]

[An Early Couple]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture is probably a photographic portrait of Col. and Mrs. W.R. Austin, mentioned on page 54 of "Time Was in Mineral Wells..." second edition. He established the Austin Well where "Blind Nellie" was employed. See also, [Col. and Mrs. W. Riess Austin]
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Founder of Mineral Wells - Portrait]

[The Founder of Mineral Wells - Portrait]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This unlabeled photograph appears to be of Judge J. A. Lynch and his third wife, Armanda Sweeny Lynch, possibly at a family reunion. Judge James Alvis Lynch was the founder of Mineral Wells. No identification of the people (numbered) around them appears to survive.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
Judge J. A. Lynch

Judge J. A. Lynch

Date: unknown
Creator: Thomas Beauregard (?)
Description: Shown here is a reproduction of a steel engraving of Judge J. A. Lynch, founder of Mineral Wells. The source of the engraving remains unknown. A fragment of copy at the bottom of the picture mentions the "inconvenience of hauling it from the Brazos River." The initials "GSW" are visible to the left of the judge's lapel.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The East Ward School]

[The East Ward School]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: This photograph, taken around 1909, shows the East Ward School. Built in 1906, and located at 400 NE 9th Avenue, this served as Mineral Wells' first High School as well as an elementary school. It was closed in 1930, and Murphy and Murphy Concrete is now at this location.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The John Moore Home, 1911,  2 of 2:  Interior

The John Moore Home, 1911, 2 of 2: Interior

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: An inscription on photograph reads: "(John Moore Home) 1911." The original builder was Hugh Coleman. John Moore occupied the house at a later date. Please note the period dress and furniture. The names of the people pictured are not known. This photograph appears to show a house now located at 915 NW 4th Avenue.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
John Moore Home, 1911 [exterior]

John Moore Home, 1911 [exterior]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: An inscription on photograph reads: "(John Moore Home) 1911." The house was built in 1906 at 915 NW 4th Avenue by Hugh Coleman. Note the period dress and cowboy clothing. The names of the people pictured are not known. The young man in the foreground is demonstrating his skill with a lariat. The group appears to be in the home's porte-cochere, which was used to protect people, while disembarking from an automobile or a carriage during inclement weather
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
The John Moore Home, 1911, 1 of 2: Interior

The John Moore Home, 1911, 1 of 2: Interior

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: An inscription on the photograph reads: "(John Moore Home) 1911." The original builder of the house was Hugh Coleman. John Moore occupied the house in the early twentieth century. Please note the period dress and furniture. The fireplace shows an "Arts and Crafts" style of construction. The names of the people pictured are not known. This picture appears to be that of a house now [2008]located at 915 NW 4th Avenue. Hugh M. Coleman was the head of H.M. Coleman & Co., dealers in "Everything that men wear." He is said to have accumulated a large number of rent houses, of which this might be one. (This information about Hugh Coleman is taken from the "Mineral Wells Index", special supplement, originally published May 6, 1907)
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The West Ward School]

[The West Ward School]

Date: 1909?
Creator: unknown
Description: The West Ward School is shown with "Dinky Car" tracks in foreground. The picture was taken around 1909. The first Mineral Wells School with a graduating class, built in 1902, it was located just north of Little Rock School on NW 5th Avenue. Mineral Wells' first High School graduation class, consisted of four students in 1903, as evinced by a photograph in "Time Was...", page 189. It was later named "Houston School" in 1915. The West Ward School was subsequently torn down. Another school, constructed on SW 4th Avenue, was then named "Houston School."
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[Mineral Wells Heritage Association, 1975]

[Mineral Wells Heritage Association, 1975]

Date: July 1, 1975
Creator: unknown
Description: This picture immortalizes the signing of the 25-year lease at $25 per year of the 1884 Little Rock School building for the purpose of establishing it as a museum. Pictured, left to right are: A. F. Weaver, President of the Mineral Wells Heritage Association; L. Gordon Nelson, Vice President; Mrs. Gordon Nelson, Chairperson for the Restoration Committee. Seated is Bill Hall, Superintendent of Mineral Wells Schools. The photograph was taken in July, 1975. The Little Rock School, in 2007, remains a museum dedicated to the preservation of the History of Mineral Wells. This picture appears in "Time Was in Mineral Wells...." on page 173.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library
[The Murphy Home]

[The Murphy Home]

Date: unknown
Creator: unknown
Description: A picture taken of the Murphy home, taken about the turn of the twentieth century is shown here. The home underwent several renovations during Mr. Murphy's residency. The family at the time of this photograph consisted of two adults and three children. The home is located on East Mountain, and can be seen from most of North Oak Avenue. It was later known as the Brewer home. Mr. Murphy, a contractor, built many buildings in Mineral Wells, including the Mineral Wells High School and the second First Baptist Church.
Contributing Partner: Boyce Ditto Public Library